Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Beginner September 2023 Alberta

Tiny Ceremony Larger Reception

Kate, on July 21, 2023 at 13:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3

Looking for some advice - we are doing a private ceremony with immediate family and closest friends (12 people) and then having our reception later that day with about 70 people. What are some ideas on how to make the reception guests feel like they were a part of the wedding without redoing the whole ceremony?

I appreciate your thoughts.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 26, 2023 at 11:52
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend did the same, small ceremony and large reception and they did two set of vows.

Their personal one with family and a second with friends and family.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your DJ will likely introduce you as the newlywed couple as you enter the hall. And if you're doing speeches at the reception, I think that'll be enough. The only thing they literally miss out are the formalities. But if you really want them to be part of the "ceremony," you can have the videographer edit a highlight reel the day of and show it at the reception. It's a fairly pricey option though (makes sense since they have to edit one thing while simultaneously shoot your event).

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Live stream? or have small video snippits to play at the reception.

or if you have a couple of funny friends have the reenact it thinking olaf telling the story of ana and elsa from frozen 2 LOL

frozen-olaf.gif

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics