Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Thunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1

Jen, on April 3, 2018 at 10:48 Posted in Ontario 0

Hi ladies and gents from the big T-Bay! I wanted to give you some insight on some of the BEST vendors my FH and I have found during our planning process! I know there aren't many of us on here but this information can be passed down to future brides and grooms Smiley smile I'm going to do this in a few parts. If there are any other vendors you would be interested in let me know!

Alright, where do we start? How about with photography! When it came to finding our photographer we wanted somebody who would make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We were also looking for more of a photojournalistic approach to photography as we both hated being placed in awkward positions for photos. Throughout our research we came across 2 amazing photographers in our area who took the photojournalistic approach to pictures; Dan Garrity Media and Dave Andrew Photography. Both of their work is spectacular! I was blown away by what both brought to the table. In the end, we ended up booking Dan as he was a little more chill than Dave. Dave and I go way back. I've known him for many, many years. But he is very adventurous and likes to take his couples on top of mountains or in the water for pictures. Not that this is a bad thing by any means.. it just wasn't for us as a couple. Check out both of their websites. You won't be disappointed. https://www.dangarritymedia.com/ http://www.daveandrewphotography.com

Also, check out some of the amazing photos Dan did for us during our engagement session. He's legit a magician with the camera.

Thunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 1

Thunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 2

Thunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 3

Wedding planner

For us, this was a no brainer. I can't even think of any other company that would be able to pull off everything as well as these ladies can. Shalini, from Maid for the Bride, came to us at a wedding show and introduced herself. She helps put on a wedding show a few times a year called Plan Your Day. She instantly made us feel at ease. I knew as soon as we got engaged that I wanted a planner to be with us that day. I'm a pretty high strung person and knew that if we didn't have somebody there to settle my nerves and take care of the behind the scenes things that went wrong that I would be a basket case. Shalini, although technically only being hired for the few months leading up to and on the actual day, has been more than helpful over the year and few months that we have been engaged already. She's lead us in the direction on other vendors we can trust and answered any other questions we have had. They also rent out amazing furniture! They have these gorgeous Chiavari chairs in gold and clear and will shortly be adding another colour to the mix! Along side of Shalini is her amazing team. The two other planners she works with is Tamara and Vanessa. Check out these cool cats. You seriously will not be disappointed. https://www.maidforthebride.ca

Gold Chiavari chair from Maid for the BrideThunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 4

Florist

We actually ended up changing our florist a few months into the planning. We had met with a particular florist but found that our rapport wasn't as great as it should be. We decided to continue to keep looking for somebody that better suited our needs for the day. We were actually told about Velvet Rope from our wedding planner. I'm so glad she sent us to her. Natalia's work is breath taking. I'm blown away by every single wedding I have seen her do. And the even better part is that we used to work together and the Flower shed so our rapport was bang on immediately. Natalia is incredibly creative and talented. I can blurt out a few words about what I'm envisioning and she blows it up and makes it into our dream wedding. She's had the chance to travel all over the world and has done some insanely talented work in some higher end weddings. The cool thing about Velvet Rope is that they don't have a store front and they specialize in events which means that she will be zoned into whatever she has planned for your event. No other customers to take away from you and your partner! I honestly can't wait to see what this babe pulls off for our big day. http://www.velvetropefloraldesign.com

Here is some of her work:

Velvet Rope FloralThunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 5

Velvet Rope FloralThunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 6

Velvet Rope FloralThunder Bay, on vendors! Part 1 7

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics