Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Throwback thursday- valentine's day

Samtam, on February 2, 2017 at 13:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Hello Brides and Grooms! It's Throwback Thursday again and Valentine's Day is coming up so I want to see pics of your first Valentine's Day together! How did you celebrate your first Valentine's Day together?

Valentines Day 2012

Valentines Day 2012

This is from our first Valentine's Day in 2012. For Christmas 2011, my husband had given me a trip to Vegas to stay at the Paris hotel! He has a degree of screen writing so he wrote me a screenplay and it was of us opening presents and the last present was the trip! Such a cute idea! We decided to go for Valentine's Day and it was perfect! I had never been to Vegas before and it was so much fun! We stayed at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas (I love all things Paris!) and for dinner, we went to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant and had one of the best meals of our life!

How are you planning on celebrating this year? Does it feel different now that you're engaged/newly married?

We plan on going to a new restaurant we haven't tried before for dinner on Valentine's Day. We just got married a couple months ago so we didn't want to do anything too big. Now that we're married, it stills feels mainly the same as before but it does make the holidays feel a bit more special because it's the "first as a married couple" so it's like it's new again!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on February 5, 2017 at 19:25
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why thank you!! We are both blessed with wonderful partners!! Your husband really set the bar high on your first Valentine's day! Smiley winking Enjoy your first Valentine's day as a married couple! Smiley heart

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg that sounds like the most perfect first Valentine's Day! Smiley love I'm jealous of the snowflakes. I wish we got snow! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Valentines Day! Congrats on the house!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heehee so many awesome stories!!
    Our first Valentine's day ... Smiley love We had just turned 18, been dating for 2 months, and he brought me to one of his favourite restaurants, which we have gone back to many many times in the past 11 years (Vietnamese resto). It was a beautiful winter evening, and when we left the resto, the snowflakes were perfect: large and fluffy, slowly-falling as we stood outside and we told each other "I love you" for the very first time. It was absolutely perfect Smiley heart I was already certain by then that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with David Smiley laugh For this Valentine's day, not sure what we'll do yet, maybe go out for dinner. It's hard these days to justify spending money what with having bought a house, renos, car and everything that goes with all that, as well as wedding budget, but whatever we do will be special!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that's so sweet! Very lucky! How are you guys celebrating this year?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great pics of both you and Lindsey!!!
    It's horrible to say but I don't remember what we did!!!! How brutal is that!
    Maybe its because everyday is Valentine's day for us! Awwwwwww Smiley smile It truly is though ! He buys me flowers and always does nice thoughtful things all year long! Smiley smile
    I'm a lucky lady!
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was soooo cold that weekend! I got wind burn on my legs and we couldn't really enjoy central park or times square but it was a great first trip together. We ended up spending the last night curled up on the couch watching the NBA All Stars Game instead of gallavating around the city.
    I can't remember the name of the restaurant, just that it was Greek seafood but I'll ask my fiancée!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! You two are so cute all bundled up! Looks like a great trip! What restaurant did you guys go to? It looks like a cool place! I might have to check it out next time I'm in NY.

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Soooooo cute Sam!
    Here's shots from our NYC trip valentine's day weekend 2014. Lovely food and great show!

Throwback thursday- valentine's day - 1

Throwback thursday- valentine's day - 2

Throwback thursday- valentine's day - 3
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha nice! And you put your voice in it... RIGHT?!?!?!? Smiley xd

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so cute that he still wanted to celebrate! Clearly he knows how special you are Smiley winking And I love that you made it your own! I'm so jealous of your Toothless! I got my husband a Ninja Turtles Build a Bear for his birthday a couple years ago Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha you two are adorable!

We had been dating almost a year by the time our first Valentines rolled around (started dating at the beginning of March), so we'd already been living together for like 7 months by February HAHA. I'm not a fan in general of the holiday, so I was all for ignoring it. But FH had never been with anyone and insisted on doing SOMETHING! So I cooked him a nice dinner and we went to the mall and he made me a Build-a-Bear of Toothless (from How To Train Your Dragon) and I insisted he put his voice in it (because what's the point without it! It's just a crazy expensive stuffed animal)

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's very nice of you to let him still go to the game! Smiley winking And sweet that he still asked your permission to go! I hope you both have a nice Valentines Day! Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You two are so cute I could die!

Our first Valentine's Day we actually spend apart Smiley atonished FH had tickets to a hockey game with a friend, and asked if there would be "any awkward secret girl anger" if he didn't cancel his plans! I laughed- I would never ask him to cancel a HOCKEY game...and we were a very new couple then!

I spent the night with a single friend of mine Smiley smile

This year we will probably go out for a nice meal- but that will depend on the next few weeks for sure.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics