Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie July 2025 Nova Scotia

Thoughts on ceremony outline !

Kayla, on May 17, 2024 at 01:43 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 1
My FH & I are pretty low key people. Our wedding will be fairly non traditional. Just looking for thoughts on my general outline idea / any thoughts on what I can tweak to make things as easy and streamlined as possible !

Ceremony will begin at 7pm with all guests seated at tables with coffee/tea wine & charcuterie boards. No assigned seating, FH nephews will greet guests & advise them to fill tables front to back best they can to avoid large gaps. There will be a sweetheart table set up for my FH.
Order of ceremony is still a work in progress -

Precession will be my niece & nephew as flower girl/ring bearer, followed by my three sisters as bridesmaids (no MOH) than myself & father. As my family get to the front of the alter, they will go to the tables with their partners up front. Flower girl basket & ring bearer box will be placed on the sweetheart table. I’m going to give my bouquet to my mother with a little note.
No personal vows, our good friend will be officiating and saying something simple and sweet before proceeding with logistics. (What I’m mostly looking for input & suggestions on)
We’re in Canada so signing of the marriage license (FH two siblings willSign) is going to be during the ceremony - potentially paired with a tree “planting” (watering). Unity to distract while boring signatures are done. Ideally during this time the officiant will take the rings from the table. We’d then return to the alter for rings, idos, & kiss.
Without leaving the venue, we will go from first kiss to first dance. We then say a quick thank you, I’ll ask my father up to do our dance (all while a buffet is set up) then go directly into buffet & reception.
Again, theme is comfort ease & minimal chaos ! Thoughts ?

1 Comment

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 29, 2024 at 11:31
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you have the timeline pretty down packed! Great job!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics