Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Things Will Go Wrong!

Holly, on June 9, 2019 at 17:49 Posted in Just married 0 15
Hi ladies and gents!
So it's been just over a week since we tied the knot, as I'm sure most of you have seen from my post earlier this week!

I just wanted to make a quick post about how things on your day will most definitely not go as planned, no matter how hard you try, but you probably won't notice or even care.

A list of things on our day actually went wrong..or just not as planned. If figured I'd share a few and hopefully make some of you feel a little less nervous about making sure everything is perfect.
So first thing that happened that was definitely not in the plan was just as we were leaving the hotel for the venue my purse strap got stuck to my dress and actually RIPPED part of my dress.. not it wasn't huge or anything but I definitely wasn't very happy about it, luckily we were able to kind of hide it.
Then, this isn't an issue or anything, but we left the hotel a bit late (thanks to the purse and dress issue) then we got stuck behind a train! So I was a bit late for my own wedding lol
During the ceremony it was lightly raining (thank goodness for indoor weddings!) And you could actually hear the thunder in the distance, which was kind of nice to be honest. After the ceremony is when the storm hit..it downpoured so our outdoor cocktail hour unfortunately got moved into the reception area.. it wasn't a huge deal but unfortunately that lead to a couple people eating the wedding "cake" cupcakes early and the bartender going against our wishes and services liquor instead of just beer and wine. That we were not happy with at all!
Once the pictures, which had to be all indoors so that sucked, and everything were done we were able to mingle with our guests before dinner for a few minutes and the DJ came up to me asking who our MC was...well HE WAS but apparently he didn't know that (even though it was in our contract) so I had to rush around and find an MC, thankfully the venue owner/coordinator stepped up and was absolutely amazing! Our guests loved her!
During dessert the servers completely forgot to serve the cake part of our cupcake tower to us and the wedding party.. didn't even notice till after the wedding though.
The DJ was just on a roll with mistakes... He was great and also not all at the same time. He played the wrong song for our entrance song. He took 20+ minutes to set up and start the music for the dancing part of the reception. Our best man almost played music from his phone! He also played my bouquet toss song before the bouquet toss and he didn't play a single song that we..THE BRIDE AND GROOM requested but played other guests requests... I was overall annoyed with him but he did keep the party going and our guests didn't know his mistakes so they loved him.

Overall the day was absolutely amazing, despite all the things that didn't go as planned. When we look back on the day we won't remember what went wrong we will remember the fact that we got married and had an amazing day!
So yes, even though all these things were super annoying they were mostly things that we didn't bother thinking about until the next day and we got over it after a quick rant to each other.
So just remember, things will go wrong. You may or may not know about them at the time. If you do you will probably just shrug your shoulders and continue enjoying your night. The next day you may look back and complain but you will still only remember the positives!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Liga, on October 5, 2019 at 01:09
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing! Smiley love

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a streak of mistakes one after another and not realizing how bad it was getting for yourself. Yet the guests are just enjoying the time and carrying on with everything else. Seems the DJ and the Best Man did a great job to cover up for the most part and should have been ready with the songs and back on the phone days ahead while being with you guys in the planning stages.

Its good to know you two got past all that and just happy to be married and partied the evening away.

I know i was all planned out with the wedding papers and timing as for the reception as we got back in the room to change and go get our pictures taken outdoors. I luckily remembered most of the speech when speaking realizing I left it in the room.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was super nervous about things going wrong on the wedding day and then when things were actually going wrong on the wedding day I barely noticed or cared.

We also had a malfunction with my dress, when we went to bustle it all the hooks had fallen off so we had to sew the dress where it was supposed to bustle. My bouquet got destroyed before the bouquet toss. It rained all morning so my dress actually had a few mud stains on the bottom by the time we finished photos. My husband cut himself opening a drink before the ceremony so he had a sore hand. We forgot to put the seating chart up on the TV so people literally just had to look at all the table numbers and all the speeches were the wrong timing because the DJ announced them late but it was still an absolutely perfect day!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your positive attitude towards everything!

Sorry to hear about your dress and the DJ, but I'm glad everything still went well for you! And thank you for posting about what could go wrong, I think this let's others on here who are stressing know that anything can happen and you just need to roll with it.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All you can do is just roll with it and you'll still have a great day!
    This picture is just perfect, she had me holding the flash behind our backs pointing up to the umbrella which is what gives us that almost glowing look! Our photographer is absolutely amazing!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in love with this picture!
    Gotta stay positive or you won't enjoy you day. And all the guests had an amazing time and so did we and that's all that matters
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    Definitely expect something to go wrong but don't worry about it, or try not to!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I thought I'd be so sad and or mad about anything that went wrong but turns out we didn't care too much at all.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is great advice Holly! It's so true - no matter how much thought you put into it, something will go wrong but you just have to roll with it! The photo is amazing!! I love the stormy sky and how you and your husband contrast with the white.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When she posted this as a sneak peek I practically screamed I love it so much!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love love love this picture!!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Appreciate the advice/info Holly! Glad you were able to still enjoy the day and stay positive!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for the advice Holly! I think everyone should expect something to go wrong! I think that’ll minimize the stress when it actually happens.

sounds like overall you had a perfect day!

Congratulations to you and your husband!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is an awesome shot! And so great after you guys are still positive. Plus many guests may not have noticed these things as much as you guys did!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Even though the rain ruined our chances of outdoor pictures the way we wanted we still got this awesome shot!

Things Will Go Wrong! 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics