Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

The night before the big day!

Kate, on May 6, 2023 at 07:47 Posted in Before the wedding 0 21
Brides/Grooms/Wives/Hisbands,

Curious to know, was it important for you to spend the night before separately and see each fresh at the wedding? Or did you keep it non traditional and stay together the night before? How important was this tradition to you?
We chose to stay together like it was just another evening lol. To be honest, it helped with my nerves to kind of try and make it a regular evening the night before, with maybe just a little extra relaxing. The morning of, before I headed out for hair and make up, we even took the dog for a nice stroll haha, this just worked for us Smiley heart

21 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 13, 2024 at 11:58
  • N
    Featured July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We each live with our parents and will be doing so up until we get married. We will be apart on our wedding night
  • Melissa
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We reserved a hotel room the night before and, of course, the night of the wedding; however, I will be staying in the room by myself the night before and my fiancé will stay with me until 10pm and then he is going to our house to stay and get ready the day of. I wanted it to be traditional; however, he reluctantly agreed.

• Rachel
    Newbie April 2024 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning the bachelor/bachelorette parties the night before (it'll be low-key but still!) and then we got a big hotel room for the groomsmen and a big hotel room for the bridesmaids so each side can slumber-party-it-up!! So we will be staying apart the night before!

• Irene
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Irene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on staying together the night before. We don't sleep well apart and neither of us needs to be tired for the day of!

• Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We still live at home with our parents and will be doing so until we are married. I will be getting ready at my parents and Natalie will be getting ready at her parents house
  • Barbara
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at home the night before. I wants things calm and normal. As we out of town guest staying at our home with us. But the next day, after him and his groomsmen are taking all of the decor to the venue while I'm off with my wedding party getting our hair and makeup done and he won't see me again until I walk down the aisle.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw love the having breakfast together!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get this, I was the same!

• E
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Elle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We stayed together, we even had breakfast together and got a couples massage! It was really nice. We parted ways around 10:30am and didn’t see each other until 3pm at the altar.
  • Arden
    Curious July 2023 British Columbia
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at home the night before. I wants things calm and normal. But the next day, after we bring all of the decor to the venue we will go our separate ways and he won't see me again until I walk down the aisle.

• Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to stay with my bridesmaids and my dog (lol), the night before and he is going to be with his boys/family.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha totally fair. Yes enjoy the last night before, party it up with your girls

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan to be separate the night before, him and the boys at the cottage and the girls and I at our place just having a girls night. I'll have lots of time with my husband, let me enjoy my last night alone. lol

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's nice to have time to yourself to pull yourself together and let yourself feel all the emotions! I think a lot of brides look forward to the first reaction too Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw love that personal moment you guys had - very sweet!

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want the night before on my own, to put the finishing touches on vows, look at my dress, and hopefully cry myself dry so I’m not a wreck the next day 😂

I’m really excited about the vision of us seeing one another for the first time on our wedding day when I am walking down the aisle to him. I know his reaction will be more emotional and I want that memory ❤️
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We stayed together. My husband works out of town so I didn't want to give up a night that he was home. It was also very special because when we woke up we exchanged wedding day gifts. Then he went to his moms where he was getting ready for the wedding.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All for keeping things easy for the group
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I get that ❤
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We stayed apart because it was easier for us to get ready separately and the respective bridal parties are closer to our separate locations, which made travelling together easier as well.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I stayed apart for the night. It wasn't something that was important to us we just thought we would do it anyways.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics