Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

The morning after brunch

Rachel, on April 21, 2017 at 09:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22

Hello Ladies

What are your thoughts on a brunch the morning after the wedding for all the out of town guests and wedding party hosted by the Bride and Groom??

Is anyone doing this or been to one? Looking for insight and feedback!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 1, 2017 at 15:03
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our hotel has a breakfast included so we are going with that option and have rented a conference room so that everyone can sit and eat together if they choose

• Marissa
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My brother and sister in law were married last year, they booked their site for the weekend (had cabins, hookups, places to tent etc). They did a gift opening there the day after the wedding, and had a brunch. It started at 10 and there were a variety of goodies, leftover treats from the night before. Fresh fruit, bagels. cream cheese, tea, coffee, sandwiches (egg salad, chicken salad, tuna) etc.
    IMO I think brunch is probably the way to go, you can go a little on the lighter side and have a variety of different options. People don't eat a ton, and the newlyweds can disappear whenever they want to.
    For ours we are doing the same thing but having it at my parents house (our venue said we could do it there for free, but no outside food would be allowed... which is a major downside).

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My SIL has offered up her house for the day after the wedding so we will likely try to organize some trays (meat, cheese, fruit, crackers) and try to do a drop in sort of thing for the day after. Super nice of her to offer the space!

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing lunch the day after. Tradition in my FH family is newlyweds go straight to honeymoon next day. I have been to a wedding that has lunch the next day with bride and groom and I did not like it. Barely saw the newlyweds; they were too busy eating with family. Keep in mind if you decide to do a lunch the day after to find a place that everyone can afford to pay. The place we went too we had to pay a 15% gratuity charge Smiley sad

• Jaswal
    Newbie August 2017 British Columbia
    Jaswal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    HelloYes that's what we are doingThe next day hosting a brunch😊I think it's a great idea
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That makes sense. Definitely follow through with how many guest you estimate to have and pick your venue from there.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds nice instead of a brunch! we want to figure out something for the next day just aren't sure yet

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do like a send off toast the next day for both you guys and for everyone to get home and say goodbye the morning after Smiley smile

i really want to try and make something work for us and a nice brunch

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

awww thats so nice? Are you just inviting the ones from out of town?

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

woo hoo honeymoon! where are you going?

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

that makes total sense for your scenario! i have more research to do....its a possibility but we aren't 100% yet

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking about it thats for sure....have to look at how many people we would have and venues if we want to go ahead or not...a cool idea though!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That makes total sense. Iv've read online that sometime the parents host one with the family/friedns they invited and the bride and groom go on their honeymoon!

Hopefully he will be enjoying you on the day and not focusing on the people! Smiley smile it is about you and him Smiley heart

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel!

How are you doing? I was happy to read your discussion this morning Smiley smile

I think it is a great idea! Smiley love

I'm sharing you this articles, I think they can give you some inspiration.

How to Host a Post-Wedding Brunch

7 Benefits of Having a Brunch Wedding

5 Things You Should Be Serving At Your Post-Wedding Brunch

Let me know!

xx

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have not thought this but I think it's a great idea. I would go for it!Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were also planning to do something like this, but as a bunch of others have said, your hotel provides a free breakfast for all of our guests. That being said, we are planning to have family and friends back to my in laws house, as it is nearby, while we open gifts, and we will probably have some snacks there. Also, I didn't want to plan and pay for an entire brunch when there is a big chance that people will be hungover and may not make it lol!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have talked about it but since the hotel we booked for out-of-town guests comes with a great breakfast, it seems unnecessary. Plus, most of our guests have an 6-8 hour drive so they probably will just want to get on the road. That said, I have a feeling my gramma will invite them to my parents for brunch so we might be having something but it won't be from us. LOL

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of doing something like this for all the people staying on the property where we are getting married and the bridal party. Most of our guests would be considered from out of town as we aren't getting married where we live so it would be waaaay too many people to host. I think it is a nice gesture and fun way to begin married life! Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do it 100% but Eric doesnt want to.. He has social anxiety and so even the wedding will be tough on him but he knows it means the world to me. So alas we arnt doing a brunch cuz its too soon for him to be surrounded by lots of people. Also he wants me to himself for the weekend. But if it wernt for those reasons, I would do a brunch for sure!

• Katherine
    Frequent user August 2017 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother in law is hosting the day after brunch for family members as one of their relatives' birthday is the day of our wedding. My fiancé and I won't be attending though as we are leaving for our honeymoon.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awwww thats so nice!!!!!

Are you just inviting the out of town guests?

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing this! My mom and step-dad are very wealthy people and so they have a huge home right on the lake. They offerered to either do a rehearsal dinner for us or a brunch the day after the wedding for all the out of town guests. We chose to do the brunch because we are big on breakfast food and we have a lot of out of town guests and so they would appreciate this before they drive a few hours back home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics