Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie November 2021 Ontario

The Broadview Hotel Toronto

Kb, on June 12, 2020 at 22:18 Posted in Ontario 0 8

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this venue but they've taken a while to get back to me. Has anyone gotten married/gotten pricing and is willing to share?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Cheyenne, on September 7, 2020 at 14:01
  • C
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Cheyenne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Chi Chi,

Congratulation on your engagement. My Fiance and I are also very interested in The Broadview Hotel for our Spring Wedding, we have a total of 50 guests. I am curious as to if the quote you were given was based on the number of guests to your wedding, or was it just a general figure. Also Did you decide to move forward with having your reception there?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The time right now will be good for making calls to hotels as they slowly reopen with full staff and events running to its fullest capacity. The package sounds excellent though pricy in a way. The space is amazing for what they are offering and menu cards. I would imagine they will have proper staff soon hopefully.

• Chi-Chi
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Chi-Chi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi I looked into Broadview when we were looking at venues for Fall 2020. Here’s the email I received.

The Lincoln Hall & Terrace is our primary event space and would be perfect for your wedding. The Hall is just over 3000 sq feet of characterful venue space plus 1000 sq feet of outdoor terrace space. The exposed brickwork and steel beam structure serve as a memorable backdrop offering both indoor and outdoor access. We can accommodate a three or four course plated dinner for up to 120 guests. For numbers between 121 – 140, a family style menu works best. If you have 140+ guests, we still have you covered as we can accommodate a cocktail style reception with passed canapes and food stations for up to 270!

More about Lincoln Hall:

-2500 sq ft

-Holds up to 120 for a plated dinner, and 140 guests for family style dinner

-Up to 220 guests for cocktail receptions (when booked alongside Lincoln Terrace we can accommodate up to 250 guests for a cocktail reception)

-Fully equipped custom bar

-Integrated sound system perfect for background music and presentations, WiFi, wireless microphone and built in projector

-Space can be curtained off for smaller dinners/receptions

More about Lincoln Terrace:

-1000 sq ft

-Up to 80-110 guests for a cocktail reception

-Fully equipped outdoor bar

-Seasonal BBQ menu!

-Integrated sound system (perfect for background music until 11pm) + Wifi

On Saturdays, the rental for the space is $6500 ($5000 on Thursdays/Fridays/Sundays) plus 13% HST and this will give you access to the space from 2pm to 2am (bar closes at 1am). The rental is inclusive of rectangular tables, basic chairs, cutlery, dishware, glassware, bar staff, catering staff, lounge furniture on the Terrace, menu cards, and for seated dinners – a complimentary menu tasting for two.

The food and beverage minimum in the space is $15,000 ($13,500 on Thursdays/Fridays/Sundays) plus taxes and service charges. Our three-course plated dinner with canapes starts at $83/person and a basic bar package starts at $65 per person. Feel free to review the event package/menus I’ve attached.

Additional charges will apply for security and AV requirements.

Start your honeymoon with us! We would be delighted to offer a complimentary one-night stay in our King Sitting Room on the night of your wedding with breakfast for 2 the next day and a complimentary late checkout.

Interested in an on-site ceremony?

Have your ceremony indoors on the South side of the Lincoln Hall for up to 120 guests. Following the ceremony, your MC makes an announcement inviting guests to relocate to the South bar of the Lincoln Hall and onto the Lincoln Terrace for the cocktail hour. During this time, Broadview staff flips the room from the ceremony to the reception set-up. Following the cocktail hour, the reception space in the Lincoln Hall is revealed and your guests are welcomed into the space to continue the celebration into the reception portion of the evening.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would imagine it being similar to the Gladstone or the Drake due to their similar boutique nature of the venues. If you can find numbers for that, it'll likely be in the same ballpark.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhh ok lol. no i dont have any pricing for them. maybe check google or fb for any info?

• K
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Kb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not complaining lol...I work in the hospitality field so I'm well aware what it's like. I'm just curious if anyone has information so I can see if the venue is even in my budget.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try calling they might have staggered hours or working on postponing other girls' weddings. i would give places more time. the owner could have a sick family member or something. its a hard time for people right now

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried calling them? Hotels during covid are running on lower staff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics