Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Seleena
Super September 2019 British Columbia

Thank-you gift for photographer

Seleena, on March 25, 2019 at 11:44 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

My photographer is amazing and I would love to get her a gift basket or something for taking the time to shoot our wedding. She is going to be spending a few hours driving, taking a ferry and spending 2 nights near the venue. She did not ask us to pay for her accommodations (I even offered to pay for them) so I want to get her a thank-you gift for just coming out!

Has anyone given their wedding photographer a gift basket (or any gift)?

What are your recommendations?

How much is an appropriate amount to spend on a gift?

Thanks! I look forward to hearing everyones opinions.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 3, 2019 at 21:05
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer was given a Thank You card only and nothing as a gift.

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's a really good idea! I would love to get a mug from David's Tea personally.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you know any of her interests? Example: my photographer she loves younique products, thank you cards with her photography, she loves these few local restaurants and homemade food. I'm not sure what to get her yet, hoping to personalize it in some way. I also know that she loves when you put your own unique twist on a photo album - she makes them as part of my package. If you want more pages and all that then she can its just more. One wedding she shot, the girl had her make albums for her parents and the girl made her own for herself. She would have loved a copy to show potential customers.

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographers were local, but we still wanted to get them something. She mentioned early on that she’s into natural wellness etc. So we bought them each a Nordic mug from David’s tea and a tea sampler and left the gifts in the pick-up box when we picked up our proofs. She seemed pretty happy
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, definitely personalize it!! Small details matter!

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea, she loves cats and photography so I'm thinking I can have cookies made or something for a little extra effort.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She could make it a little more personalized for a photographer too? I don't know how but I think the small details will make the difference!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could still do one for the photographer, that way is's extra special too!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a couple vendors traveling to our wedding but they charge a travel fee so getting them a gift isn't necessary. They are a paid service so I don't see much reason to give them anything but what I owe them and a nice tip. But I will be giving all my vendors thank you cards because their hard work is very much appreciated and they are a huge part of our day!
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea. I am not doing welcome baskets for my guests (all of them are out of town).

Thanks for the input!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing a welcome basket for out of town guests? I would give her a welcome basket too if you're doing that.

Most of the time this is what's included: water, snacks, advil for the hangover, a nice thank you card, toiletries in case someone forgot something, and a souviner from the destination (if your wedding is local to you, get her something that defines the area).

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't be giving mine one - but then again not only is she a friend, she isn't travelling far (45 min), and she is getting paid already.

If I were to make one it would cost roughly $150 though Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics