Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Newbie February 2020 Ontario

Thank you cards and covid

Lindsay, on October 1, 2020 at 12:53 Posted in Just married 0 7

Hi Everyone,

We got married on February 2, 2020 right before COVID hit. I am just working on sending out the Thank you cards now due to delays from COVID. Do I mention the delay due to COVID in the Thank you card?

Also, the photographer gave us Thank You photo cards that have a picture of us and a generic Thank you printed on the side of the photo. Is this acceptable to send out by itself, or should another note be sent along with it? Any thoughts on having your handwriting turned into a font and writing Thank yous that way?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 14, 2020 at 12:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Thank You cards provided is nice to send out with the picture and a message to everyone. For those who really give more effort should be given the appreciation as the guests for their gifts given.

The Thank You card created for our wedding and my cousins wedding was generic for everyone as we did help in a way for the family. A gift was given before leaving the hotel last year from the couple or family. The gifts being monetary wasn't mentioned just the fact of being present to celebrate new beginning of a chapter in life was nice.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with everyone else on this. Send out your picture but definitely make it personal where you also write them a little note and thank everyone rather than something generic.
  • Lindsay
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! You have been most helpful! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally wouldn't mention the delay of the thank you cards. I would also write a little thank you message for each couple that you're sending the thank you cards to!

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t mention a delay. However, I wold write a personalized message to each guest receiving a thank you card
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think you need to mention a delay. I believe the traditional etiquette gives you a year to send thank yous.

I would make sure each one has a personalized note. People expect a little extra effort from wedding thank you cards!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you should mention the delay in your thank you card. People will probably assume that COVID caused the delay anyway as it’s basically delaying anything.

For the thank you cards you should be adding a handwritten note that is personalized to each guest as opposed to just sending the photo card with the pre printed message. That’s the etiquette rule.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics