Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonja
VIP September 2017 Ontario

Thank You Cards

Sonja, on October 23, 2017 at 10:04 Posted in Just married 0 30

How long did it take you to get your thank you cards written and sent after the wedding?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our than you cards where put with the favours to save the mailing postage. Kept with the theme and the cake colour too.

Thank You Cards 1
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have mine all ready to go but we are doing a thank you/Merry Christmas card as most of the people that I send Christmas cards to every year, were at the wedding so we will save a bit of money that way. I will have them all sent out by Dec 1 so 2 months after our wedding.

• Sarah
    Curious January 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing wedding favours, so I guess we will just send thank you cards to those who left gifts, cards etc.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ashley, I guess the operative word is "ideally". Hope you meet your expectations, but don't worry if you don't. It will be over 5 weeks when I'm finished.

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ideally I want to get them done within the week after our wedding, before we leave for a honeymoon. At the latest when we come back from our honeymoon which would be four weeks after the wedding
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Erin.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a good idea as well.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sarah, I added small cards to my favours thanking my guests for attending. Then I started writing thank you cards for the gifts and money people gave us. Yes, I think it is a requirement.

• Sarah
    Curious January 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you cards for guests? For the gifts or for attending? Is this required? I didn't think of it haha oops

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my, Chelsea. You are a glutton for punishment! Well, at least it's done and over with.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also wrote my bridal shower thank yous during this time period to. I wanted to do it all at once and get it out of the way!!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Chelsea, There's no way I could write notes for 5 hours per day. Talk about a marathon! I don't mind if it takes me 5 or 6 weeks to send them out, as long as I only do a couple each day.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent mine out about a month or so after the wedding. It took me about 2 days, 5 hours each day to write them all out, my hand was cramping for sure!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How true, Lynnie. In university I wrote all my notes by hand. I used to write letters before the computer age. Yes, I'm that old. There is something heartwarming about receiving a hand written note or card, that is, if the penmanship is good.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The hand cramping is real!!! It made me realize how infrequently I actually write things by hand now!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Erin. I wanted pictures also but probably won't get them till the end of November, so I thought I'd better write the cards now. I can send pictures in the Christmas cards.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it safe to say that you can get them out in the first few months that you are married. We are waiting to get our pictures back as we want a picture on the card.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I suppose it varies according to how much time the bride has available to write cards. Some people take a longer honeymoon so that delays it. In my case, we are renovating and I'm gradually moving my things in. Again, a reason for delay.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could do a couple each day like I've been doing. I have a standard note I write in each but have changed some slightly depending on what the gift was. Once you have them written and addressed, you can put a photo in each. Don't get stressed. Just write one or two each day.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cute video, Lynnie. I could never write 10 a day. My hand would cramp up. I write 2 each day and hope to have them done by the time we get to 5 weeks wed.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Two years?? Well, at least you got a thank you. I'll have mine sent well before three months. Thanks for the information.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's pretty standard. I hope to have mine done by the weekend when it will be 5 weeks.

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been married 6 weeks and ours have been mailed out and everyone has received them 🙊👍🏻
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm just getting ready to order mine. I was considering waiting until we get more of our photos to send them, but I think we're going with a couple of our sneak peaks so we can get them sent out before the holidays. I've been to weddings where I didn't get a thank you for almost 2 years after the wedding...so one month is not a long amount of time in comparison. I think etiquette-wise, you're supposed to send them out before you hit the three month mark.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A long time... oops!!

giphy.gif

When I did start writing them I did them in a few phases - I started by addressing and stamping all of the envelopes, then I put a note in each envelope saying what the gift was, then I took several days and tried to write 10 a day!

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been married 5 months and i haven't sent them out yet. Part of it is anxiety, the other part is because i was hoping to add in a wedding picture to each, but we won't have those back until the earliest next week.

I really should do them this week :/.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours went out two months after the wedding. I’ve been to weddings where I received the thank you card four months later.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I should have done that. We were away for 2 weeks and have been working and renovating the kitchen the past 2 weeks. I think I can get them written and addressed by the end of the week.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't sent ours either and we're been married 5 weeks. We're just waiting on our pictures so that we can choose our favorite ones and get cards printed. Otherwise I would have already sent them. We did, however, email and thank some people in person already (they'll still get a card) because they gave us large amounts of money and we wanted to let them know right away how much we appreciated it!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been married 4 weeks and still don't have them finished and mailed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics