Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Thank You Cards

Jordan, on February 15, 2023 at 09:25 Posted in Just married 1 6

My husband and I dropped the ball on Thank You cards... We got married in the summer last year and our photos took a while to come in. After they finally arrived, and we ordered the Thank You cards, we had a death in the family and some other personal things come up and sending them out completely slipped our minds during the chaos.

Is it too late to send them out now? Would people mind receiving them 8-9 months after the wedding?

6 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on March 10, 2023 at 11:17
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure many of your guests are aware of what has happened during this time and understand why they are late. I agree with the other posts a late thank you card is better than no thank you card.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The cards can be sent out still despite of the time waited. Showing your gratitude is the best thing to show towards your guests for their gifts too.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the girls, better late than never. I know my FMIL still talks about going to a wedding and not even getting a card. She was upset that she gave a large sum of money to the couple and never got a thank you card, or a verbal thank you.

I've also read that you have a year to mail them out. That is something I did, I purchased thank you cards and they are ready to go with stamps. Closer to the date I will write a message and then the day after the wedding get someone to drop them in the mail.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree too! Smiley heart

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! Mail like that is fun to get, I would still appreciate it Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Even though it took the two of you some time to send them out, I still think your guests will appreciate a thank you card.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics