Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Thank you cards

Marsha, on October 4, 2022 at 11:31 Posted in Just married 0 21
Hey ladies. I wonder what majority are doing.
I read on Google that it's best to handwrite your thank you cards. Typed thank you cards can come across impersonal.

How many of you will be doing typed or handwrite?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Belle, on November 17, 2022 at 20:48
  • Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a basic format on our computer for thank you cards, so will type a personal message in each and print each card and sign our names with a picture from the wedding with the table they sat at (party game bride and groom have 1 song to run around the room and get a photo with each table so in a photo with every person, be silly or serious but have fun). Cause I can type a lot neater and faster than I can write out 150 cards... Im already over putting addresses on invites to send out heheheh I feel like Im going to have numb hands before this is all said and done.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Thank You cards were set with the favours at the wedding seating per household, couple or individual. It was monetary gifts family and friends gave as no boxed gifts are given at Indian weddings or most now due to living together.

My cousin and her husband send postcards of Thank You cards after their wedding too and it was nice.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea. Love it. Thanks for your replr
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your reply. This is definitely the way we are going. Their almost ready for print.
  • R
    Curious July 2023 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ours typed. We are having a fairly large wedding with 260 uests it's so much easier to get them typed.

• A
    Curious February 2024 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely going to handwrite our thank you cards. It really does give a more personal feel to them. I find that the typed out ones look like you've put in as little work as possible and have sent everyone the same thing without putting in thought.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on sending hand written thank you cards and will use a template and tweak the wording as needed.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My husband's writing is like chicken scratch LOL and mine got messier the more I wrote. A few each night and a good TV show - you'll be done in no time! People don't care about the writing 😊
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    20 to do. That's awesome. I believe we will have about 120. But he will do his half I will do mine. Little by little
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no I mentioned Google as what I read recently. I was undecided which is why I reached out to you all. Because you all have great comments
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice to know. Yea I agree. Definitely to each his own. I just wanted to see what majority says
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate this response. I believe this is the way we will go. My husband can write for his guest and I will write for mine and do a little each day. I am sentimental so personal is a good idea. 👍🏾. I was just undecided because typed looks neater than my handwriting lol
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice. I appreciate your reply
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are handwritting each one and adding our group photo to each card
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had thank you cards printed with a photo of us. I would find it strange to receive a typed thank you unless it was paperless post.... it did not take us long to write ours and I think it goes a long way. Please don't do a generic message to all... so impersonal, especially to those who did something extra for you or it also meant a lot to them. Then again, anything is better than nothing.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have gone to three weddings this year and all three sent a photo of the couple from the wedding and that was it! Do not listen to google. Maybe back in the day when they didn't have the thousand of printing options as we have today it was courtesy to do hand written. But nowadays it is mostly printed cards that say thank you somewhere and honestly they are beautiful!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personalized thank you cards go a long way. I personally would write them and have both sign them.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are waiting for the professional photos to come in and the plan is to use a group photo of everyone and a photo of us on the Thank You Card but it will be a generic message printed (they have such cute ones on Vista!) and sent to everyone - I personally do not find it impersonal when I receive a typed out generic thank you card, I just appreciate being sent the card in the first place but that is just me.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to have personalized cards made on the computer and printed versus hand written. I did hand written for my shower thank yous though since it was a smaller group
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't let Google dictate what you want to do. I sent emails as our Thank Yous but they also included high quality photos of the recipient at the wedding. I don't even get photos from most weddings I've been to unless it's a publicly posted album on social media so who's to say one is more thoughtful than the other.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Once we finally get around to doing our thank you cards, we will hand write them. Thankfully we only have like 20 to do. But my plan was to just do a few each day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics