Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Thank you cards

Jenn, on June 10, 2019 at 10:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Hi everyone,

I had my bridal shower over the weekend, and received a very generous gift from someone of both money, a toaster, and cutting boards.

I know you’re supposed to say how you’re going to use the gifts, so I wrote that the toaster and cutting boards will be wonderful for our tradition of making a large brunch on Sunday mornings. But I don’t know how to include the money part. Should I include another line about what we will purchase with the money?

Thanks in advance!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 10, 2019 at 19:46
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't mention specifics since they included cash, but I would say something like "Thank you so much for your generous gifts! They were all so thoughtful!" and go from there. By acknowledging that there were gifts involved, they're sure to know that you noticed the cash included, but it's polite not to specifically mention it.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I have my shower my invites will be along the lines of 'thank you for the generous gift(s), we will be putting it to good use in our (first) home'.

I do not think you need to be super specific.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty much what Tori said. Keep it simple and to the point.

I bought a gift for a bridal shower I couldn't attend and sent the gift to the couple. Months after the shower, we saw them, and I asked if they got it and they were like "oh...maybe. not sure". not sure??? Still not sure if they ever got it.

They sent a thank you note after their wedding that was just a generic, typed out "thanks for sharing in our special day". They didn't say "thanks for the money" or "thanks for the thoughtful gift". They didn't even bother to sign their names.

So I'd say, any effort is better than close to no effort lol!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya I think you could just say thanks for the monetary gift as well as the kitchen items that will come in handy for making our famous Sunday Brunch!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tori had a great way to put it in writing!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori. Don't over think the wording. Just straight up thank them for the gift and money that was received.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, technically you could use the money towards buying the food aspect of your brunch. All in all for my thank-you cards I will most likely say straight up "Thank you so much for the toaster, cutting boards served with a side of cash. This will be great for putting together our brunches on Sunday mornings!" and leave it at that. Try not to over think it though, most thank-you's get thrown away right away and are just wanted so that the gift giver knows you got everything that they sent/gave.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics