Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sydney
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Thank-you card help!

Sydney, on December 13, 2018 at 20:16 Posted in Just married 0 10

With all the hustle and bustle of the wedding/honeymoon over, now it's time to do our thank-you cards! We're looking for somewhere to get cards made, with the front of the card being one of our wedding photos. So far I have had NO luck with vistaprint, which is where I was suggested to look. Anyone have any ideas of where else to get them made? We just need something very standard, as we're holding a thank-you banner in the photo!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kaila, on October 2, 2019 at 11:22
  • Kaila
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Kaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found costco had ZERO options for Thank you cards- They were all so ugly and cheap looking. I am thinking about Minted.. its actually cheaper then Vista print..even when the exchange rate and shipping

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely agree with shutterfly, but I personally love vistaprint as well 🤗
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you guys, I’ll definitely look into Shutterfly! Don’t get me wrong, vista print had lots of great options, but specifically, we just weren’t finding the sizes we wanted. Shutterfly and Costco seem to be getting great recommendations - I’ll look into them and let you guys know! 😊
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Staples is also really good for ordering.
    try vista print again. but go to the business/marketing section. and make a postcard. way cheaper! (unless its a sale). and boom. no envelope needed. hahah (my friend did this).

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our friends got married in the summer and sent out Thank you cards from Shutterfly with their photo on it. It looks great!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just wondering, because I have found Vistaprint to be extremely editable... what were the issues you were finding with them?

I recently for another bride did a mock-up of a "Christmas card" (because their 'christmas cards' are 50% off right now), but you can remove everything off the card, and build whatever you want from scratch:

Thank You CardThank-you card help! 1

I made this mockup with one of our engagement photos (I'll use a wedding one for ours), then put one bit of "generic" text in for each card, with space for the handwritten note on the inside. You can also then edit the back of the card to whatever you want. I was going to put our last name and the wedding date.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Shutterfly! I used them ALL the time. They will even post them for you, but you have to pay for postage from the States.

What are your issues with Vistaprint?

You could even try going to Staples and working with someone at their printing centre.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree with shutterfly!!! One of my recently married friends is working on hers there now!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely recommend Costco! We got our invitations made there and there were so many options!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sydney,

I've heard good things about Shutterfly! Friends having used their website for their holiday cards and photo albums.

Best of luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics