Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liz
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Tent Weddings - Floor?

Liz, on January 16, 2022 at 20:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4
Hello out there!
We are planning a tent reception for September 24th of this year.

I always wanted a barn reception. But with all the Covid uncertainty a tent seemed like the best option for potentially not needing to reschedule. (Plus every barn venue is booked!)
But I digress, my question is - Should the tent have a floor? I’m really struggling to reimagine our day in a tent instead of a barn. I’m not loving the idea of grass. But floors are expensive. What’s your opinion??

4 Comments

Latest activity by MarinaeppVZ, on January 25, 2022 at 17:32
  • BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best option for the floor of the tent is grass. But the grass should be cut and beautiful.

• Bianca
    Newbie August 2022 Quebec
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations ✨ I personally will recommend paying for flooring or I am also thinking finding a venue ( place to put the tent) that will not be directly on the grass is a good option like hank suggested.

The reason why: summer 2021, my best friend got married and she went with the tent on grass. My shoes was ruined because everything I will walk in my heels they will penetrated the grass. I had to throw those new badass shoes in the garbage. Also, The venue owners was not really happy with all the holes that was left behind. I personally hated walking around because of that reason. I hope this will be helpful insight for you. Good luck ✨
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about doing a floor just for the dance area?? Then you could spend a little less but still have a dance floor!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I assume you don't have a location yet to put said tent. Instead of making a floor over grass, why not look for a venue with a proper floor that comes with an outdoor tent option? I would look into vineyards, wineries, and country clubs, and golf clubs as many of them have been offering such options during covid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics