Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kyla
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Tent Wedding - separate bar/buffet tent?

Kyla, on July 26, 2018 at 16:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Interested in tent wedding on parents lakefront property. 150-200 approx. guests. Largest tent size available is 30x70. Not sure of tent capacity...still waiting on response. Google searches have come up different. Would it be terrible to have the 30x70tent as the dining/dance tent and have other tents...1 includes buffet and dessert etc and a couple bar tents??! If not, pricing would increase exponentially as would have to have tent company travel 2+hours. No other venues in area that can host this many people and I do not want to adjust guest list.....what you guys think??!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Terri, on July 30, 2018 at 02:35
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a 40x60 and we rented a 10x20 for the food. I just hate squished spaces. Including wedding party there is 132 of us
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Putting up multiple tents may just give extra room for dancing which wouldn't be a bad thing at all. It would help keep things spread out as well which will help your photographer as well.
  • Annisa
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Annisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry the picture didn’t load on the last reply.

Tent Wedding - separate bar/buffet tent? 1
  • Annisa
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Annisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here’s a picture I took from one of the tent rental sites that I’m considering. It’s very helpful in guiding you for tent size and numbers. You also need to consider round tables vs rectangular for spacing. Extra tents wouldn’t look bad but I think they would be pricey. Hope this helps.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you will need to know the capacity of the tent before making a decision but I do not see how it could be bad to have multiple tents with different uses.

• Krystal
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, We are having a tent and ours is 40×80 and we have 160 people coming. For 200 people id probably go with a 40×90 tent. Unfortunately we had to go with a tent as our weater is unpredictable even during August which is unfortunate since the tent was one of our biggest cost. We will be fitting the bar and food under the tent. Hope this helps.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin had an outdoor wedding last year with tents! Although I dont know the sizes she got they did have food/bar under one tent and the seats and tables under another (dance floor wasn't under a tent) it was perfect! I loved the separation kept things flowing a lot easier!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if it's arranged correctly (bar tent near dance floor, buffet tent along side the "long edge" of the main tent - near tables)... It's totally fine. I don't see anything wrong with having multiple tents.

Tents for a summer wedding are simply the insurance policy for weather (high heat or rain)... so having multiple "coverings" for those things is fine.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We fit 160 guests and food table and bar under a 40x60 tent... Then just cleared a couple tables and the food tables for the dance floor!

Have you looked into sticking multiple smaller tents together? We used 3 20x40 tents together. Might be able to get a better space that way.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 tents only and everything set up as buffet and bar towards the back area while head/retangular tables and dance floor towards the front side. I would ask for how long based on the timing you require. The rental comapny is changing for gas? Then its something to absorb into the amount too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics