Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie September 2021 British Columbia

Tent wedding in September?

Nicole, on June 1, 2021 at 01:25 Posted in British Columbia 0 2
Hi all,

Looking for feedback from any brides who have previously or plan to have a tent reception wedding. We are considering a venue late September this year (25th) but are struggling with our confidence level of having a tent at that time of year (Langley, BC). Thoughts that come to mind are - if it happened to rain will it be extremely noisy on the tent? Will it be cold? accommodating people in between ceremony / reception (2hrs) and needing to go in and out of the tent for washrooms... appreciate any input!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on June 2, 2021 at 14:25
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Nicole,
    I was somewhat in your boat a few weeks back until I found a place cheaper than renting a tent. However, it is best to have a tent in case of rain or chilly nights. Take into consideration the amount of people you will have at the wedding on how big the tent will be, along with lights, permit, and flooring.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a bit of a toss up that time of year. Daytime you’d probably be okay but at night you might run into problems. I went to a wedding in 2018 in late August that was outside under a tent and we were FREEZING. We were in Squamish so I’m sure elevation played a part, but even in Vancouver it was a cold day. So I would probably look into heaters in case it’s too cold and definitely let your guests know it’s outside so they can dress accordingly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics