Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cecilia
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Tent Rentals in Calgary Area

Cecilia, on March 2, 2018 at 17:40 Posted in Alberta 0 3

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are very lucky that we have the ability to be able to choose between having a completely DIY wedding on his parents' acreage or to rent a venue.
We have about 150 people that we're thinking of inviting and our date will either be late August or late September 2019. I have a pretty good idea of the theme that I'd like to decorate it as, and a few of the venues I've contacted doesn't like us to use our own decorations.

My question for the community is; has anyone rented a large tent before (for the reception)? How did that go, who do you recommend and was it worth it?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 11, 2018 at 10:35
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should add we haven’t had our wedding yet but I think it’ll be totally worth if!! We’ve invited our guests to camp out at the farm so their whole day can be spent at the farm and they don’t need to worry about leaving or finding things to do well have games and drinks set out after the ceremony. We did rent a van for a shuttle back to lloyd for those who need a safe ride back. I think it’s just going be so much fun! A good ol’ country wedding haha 😊
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! We’ve rented a tent for our farm wedding this August and it was pretty expensive. We live in Lloydminster and the tent, tables and chairs were quoted for just under $5000. That’s for 300 guests though. We had to buy a dance floor since that wasn’t included but I got off of a wedding buy and sell page. We’re also renting a bar, I purchased string lights and other decorations. We still need to rent porta potties or a washroom trailer but I think the porta potties will have to suffice since they are cheaper. Hope this helps!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't go with this option but I did look into tent rentals when I was first planning my wedding. It was too expensive for us, bringing in chairs, tables, cutlery, glassware, running power, renting restrooms... was all going to add up in cost and end up costing more than finding a more inclusive venue. Be sure to price things out carefully before you decide! Would you have access to the house if you had the wedding at the acreage? That might help cut some costs if you didn't need a generator or portable restrooms

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics