Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Telling Guests about Covid-19 Decisions ?

Jordan, on March 19, 2020 at 12:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

I know this is a hot topic right now. Many weddings have been postponed or cancelled, some unsure of how their wedding will be effected.

At this time my venue is on a 60 day roll-out so we wont hear from them until the end of March (wedding date is May 30). I have a lot of respect for the amazing team at my venue so I know they have everyone's best interest at heart. They have been communicating with us and providing updates and are being very reasonable (so far).

We had asked guests to RSVP by March 28th though - out of 170 we have only heard back from 80 guests as they don't know how to respond given the circumstances. Leading up to the 28th, I'd like to send ALL guests a note to the effect of 'please let us know if you intend to come to the wedding given gov't regulations allow, we will have further clarification from the venue soon and we will continue to keep you posted if we have to postpone or reduce our guest list' - this is in hopes to have ballpark numbers and also to give the opportunity for those who have already RSVPd to revoke their attendance (elder, high-risk guests).

Has anyone crafted a really nice message along these line for their guests?

Wishing everyone well wishes and hope you're all staying safe and healthy Smiley heart

3 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:57
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im just updating my website with the most current info that way my guests can keep up on the day to day basis.

• Jordan
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing this Sarah Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content