Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user July 2023 Ontario

Tea/coffee and Mocktail Hour?

Sarah, on January 26, 2021 at 01:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
So, neither N or I drink and due to alcohol issues on both sides we are having a dry wedding. My best friend offered to loan us a bunch of mismatched teacups and I thought of making the traditional cocktail hour into a tea/coffee and mocktails hour with table/board games which can remain in the lounge area during the reception for those needing a break from dancing. Has anyone done this? Hoping we can do small nibbles by 2023 to go with the drinks too. Input is appreciated on logistics / suggestions!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on January 27, 2021 at 13:35
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the frappe idea, I would be all over that!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Never thought of a frappe, that's a great idea. Thank you for your help!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can always make a frappe style drink as your signature drink to be served during cocktail hour or given out right before dinner to be used as the toast. Works with both tea and coffee bases.

I drink ice coffee even in the winter so if it was served at a wedding in July, I'd be all over it hahaha. And that way, they can just use regular high ball glasses that every bar should have a stock pile of.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I love the idea of sparkling drinks too, and our caterer is pretty easy to work with so I will talk to them about something for the food aspect too. I just hope cocktail hours are still a thing by then haha
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mocktails sound like a lovely idea, and July is perfect weather for punch! You could do a big vat of different fruit punches, some regular or sparkling (aka soda added) to add some elevated refreshing drinks!
    As for snacks, you’d best chat with your caterer for how that would look/if you’re allowed to bring your own canapés
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will definitely be doing coffee and tea service after dinner, I'm just trying to figure out something for the cocktail hour because I dont want guests bored or hungry
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a really good point. I'll talk to the venue and caterer and see what they have!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So a coffee/ tea session is pretty common especially after dinner.. but you could do one during cocktail hr and after dinner if you preferred?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From a logistical perspective, I would use cups provided by your venue rather than those of your friend's in case accidents happen and they break. Not to mention the venue would have a much bigger stockpile in reserve so they can replenish with clean cups without having to immediately wash dirty ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics