Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marleau
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings!

Marleau, on November 3, 2018 at 03:27 Posted in Just married 0 27
This is a good one, tattoos vs wedding rings.

I absolutly love my engagement ring and wedding band but to have the option not to wear it and still show off something that symbolizes my marriage was important to me and my husband as he works in construction and can’t always wear a ring to work (he does love his silicon one too). So 2 days after our wedding we headed to the tattoo shop and had each other’s 1st initial plus the wedding date tattooed on our fingers.

I know this isn’t for every one but any other brides out there have their bands tattooed on too? Send some picture!

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings! 1

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings! 2

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings! 3

27 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on September 23, 2019 at 21:34
  • Rebecca
    Curious November 2020 Bahamas
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of getting a tattoo for a wedding band. My FH is wearing a silicone band right now because he is working in the IT field and does hands on work. He will be getting my fathers wedding band that was originally my grandfathers, and hopefully one day we will be able to pass it down to our future daughter to give to her husband. Maybe one day my FH and I will get matching tattoos.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH really wants to do this! More of a want then a need lol he can wear whatever for his job. It surprised me at first when he asked if I'd be something we could do as he currently has no tattoos and as much as he loves my tattoos he'd never really expressed interest in getting anything himself until this! I don't think I'll get one though as my rings wouldn't cover it and I'm unsure of how it would look if you could see it underneath.
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this! I want to get a tattoo but I’m worried they hurt a lot and FH doesn’t want to

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have wedding bands, but also got our elopement date tattooed (mine is down my spine, and his is on the back of his calf). We also both have silicone rings for when we aren't able to wear the real deal.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got matching king and queen tattoos a couple months ago! not on our fingers though

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I got ours done a month before the wedding. I love it!

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings! 4
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I got ours done a month before the wedding. I love it! Smiley smile
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing tattoo bands. One thing that can help is to only tattoo the top side of your finger stopping before it goes underneath to the under side of your finger. We each chose different artists because we plan to get another tattoo with it so we’re not going in for a 5 minute tattoo. Both of our artists have done many many finger tattoos and have zero problems doing so however they’re a little pickier with what we choose to do. Because they can bleed, little details aren’t really good. I haven’t quite decided on the look of mine but my FH will basically have two solid lines with shading between them so it sort of looks like a real ring and also so there’s not much to it.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a tattooed wedding band! FH and I will not be doing this despite me having many tattoos (he has none). My engagement ring is thin too, so it wouldn't cover a tattoo as descretely as yours does (love it!).

• Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love it, ya blow outs (bleeding) are very common for finger tattoos no matter the finger size. My ring finger is okay but my middle finger has a little bit of blow out.

Please post a picture after you get your done.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes as odd as it may be some artist are not big on finger or hand tattoos if you don’t have sleeves beacsue there is no way to hide them. You also need to choose an artist that has experience with hand tattoos specially finger/side of hand because blow outs (ink bleeds outside the line) can happen. My faith has it a bit on the f and the cross but it’s not very noticeable unless your up very close to it, where my ring finger doesn’t have any.

I have a lot of tattoos and each of them requires a lot of searching for the right artist, and when you find the right artist you will forever go back (I fly to Ontario for mine) lol.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And I 100% respect your opinion on it. It’s definitely a personal choice, my husband and my self are very tattooed already so for us it wasn’t a big deal. I do love the simplicity of wearing my ring though so I totally get where your coming from. Lol
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that!

We're getting wedding bands, but we'll be getting matching tattoos, but not on our ring fingers though. I have itty bitty fingers and was told the tattoo would bleed incredibly, so not worth it!

But we're doing tats and bands!

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're right maybe i should get second opinion. The moment we mentioned finger tattoos they were very opposed to the idea :/

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally find jewerly is better over tattooing since i don't want to damage my body with ink that is permanent and to pay to cover over if anything happened.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Read my last quoted message. You shouldn’t need touch ups forever if done correctly. Smiley smile if you ever change your mind I’d love to see pictures.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s interesting because I have 2 of my fingers tattooed, and the side of my hand (have had them for years) and they have only been touch up once and my one finger not at all. It seems odd to me that and artis would tell you every months, that doesn’t even give a tattoo enough time to heel before your at it again.
    Faith touched up once (had done when I was 21/22 I’m now 29), Q❤️ Not at all (had done in 2014). The flash makes then look a little dull but there really not.
    If you ever change your mind, I would get a second opinion plus I’d love to see photos Smiley smile lol

Tattoos vs Wedding Rings! 5
  • Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is in construction so a metal ring is out of the question. We thought about doing tattoo but on our consultation the artist advised that unless we do touch up on it every month or so don't do it. Finger and toe skin sheds the most and tattoo fade a lot quicker. We decided to get Enso rings instead, its silicon based. For our situation its safe and convenient.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, love them. Very well done.

I'm totally pro-tattoos, and a wedding one would be cool.... however my sister has her tattoo fingered (hair dressing scissors), and it fades so quickly.

That's the only reason I wouldn't do it... I don't really feel like getting touch ups forever...

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I for sure would love to get even a simple line tattooed on my ring finger! Although seeing as how I've never had a tattoo - I've been warned to maybe try somewhere else on my body first Smiley tongue

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend of mine and her hubby had their ring fingers tattooed about a month before the wedding. That way it was healed. Her design looks like a band (knot/twist design).
    One side of me says its a cool idea. The other side of me says no way. As I have always felt you shouldn't tattoo partners names on you (not to be negative about it).
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right, and there are so many great ideas out there. We just chose the first initial because I couldn’t make a solid choice on anything else I found on Pinterest haha. Plus my rings cover it perfectly. Can’t wait to see what you choose, if you decide to do it.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea!!! I wouldnt mind us getting something done in the simple shape of a ring that can be covered with our actual rings! Like u said to have something to show when ever your ring is off
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha ya that makes it a bit hard lol. Thank you for the beautiful message.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love seeing the different designs from other people! The personalization is beautiful and makes it special for both of you!
    I personally am not a huge needle fan and have a very low pain tolerance so a tattoo for me would be a no lol!
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, and I agree they are not for everyone. I had the sides of my fingers already tattooed and the side of my hand so I was like what the heck lol. Plus the fact that we each wrote our letter makes it even more special.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally wouldn’t get it tattooed on my hand(I wouldn’t want anything tattooed on my hand so that’s a me thing) but they can be really cute! Yours are so pretty and just the simplicity of them makes them look really quite elegant!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics