Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Table Wine

Kelly, on July 29, 2019 at 13:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

WINOS!!!

What wines are you picking for the reception? Whats everybody's price range? I want to keep ours at $15/bottle or less.

We're going to a friend's cabin for the long weekend and our bachelor/bachelorette parties. I thought we could do something fun, grab 3-4 bottles of each red and white in different prices, cover the labels and do a wine tasting with all our friends. Everybody votes for their favourite red and favourite white!

So far I've got the following on my list:

Peller Estates Cab Sauv ($8.99) for the cheap red

Trapiche Malbec ($11.49) Middle cheap red

Concha Y Toro Diablo Cab. Sauv. (13.99) Middle expensive red

Sycamore Lane Cab. Sauv (14.99) top of the budget red.

Copper Moon ($9.99) or Peller Estates ($8.99) for the cheap white

Jackson Triggs Pinot Grigio ($10.49) Middle cheap white

Henry of Pelham Sauv. Blanc (14.99) top of the budget white

I actually never drink white so I don't even know what to get. Sauv Blanc? Chardonnay? Pinots are super sweet right? Still need a middle expensive white option.

What wines have you chosen and why?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Racheal, on September 30, 2019 at 14:56
  • R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jackson Triggs is a really good option for a light white that is inexpensive!

A really good Ontario winery, Pelee Island, is an awesome option for catering weddings, too. Regular price $14.95 Sale price $13.95 as per their website and they have reds, sparkling, and whites.

• K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jackson Triggs is a good option for white.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The pinot grigio has been my go to summer wine I love it. Red always depends on my mood....and what my friend picks lol
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Arbour mist is only really like 10 bucks a bottle. its very sweet. more like a wine cooler.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Santa Rita 120 is a decent well-prices wine ($12.99) at MLCC

Two Oceans Sauvignon Blanc ($11.99) or Monkey Bay ($14.99) are also good! Smiley smile

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm leaning towards a Cab Sauv and a Sauv Blanc or Pinot Grigio as well. We're having Sliced beef with mushroom sauce and lemon chicken Smiley smile

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are your dinner choices? If you are having red meat a Cab Sauv is a great idea (although any heavy red like a merlot or shiraz would also still be good). I agree that Riesling is too sweet unless you are serving spicy food... I personally love a Sauvignon Blanc from NZ, but any of Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays etc would work as well.

We haven't selected our wines yet but will be very soon. We'll pick a Cab Sauv (we have steak as one of our options), and likely a Pinot or Sauvignon Blanc to go woth the chicken and fish options.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My go-to wine is red (not into white so I'm not much help there) and I like:

Gallo Cab Sauv ($8.99)

Menage a Trois Midnight Red ($16.99) - and seeing as how this is higher than the $14.99 one you have I won't continue Smiley tongue Try it for yourself if you haven't had it and are into red wines Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jackson Triggs has some really good wine! We are also doing their Pinot Grigio for our table white. We are doing Konzelmenn's Baco Noir for our red wine as out of all the ones my venue had this was our favourite!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going with the Coop Liquor Red and White! Super inexpensive and delicious
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't had my tasting yet but Peller Estates is good - if I have the option, I may go with that.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing our venue's house wines, both Pillitteri Estates. The red is Cabernet Merlot VQA and the white is Chardonnay VQA.

I'm glad you are asking for white recommendations, because I never drink reds lol!

Sauv Blancs, Chardonnay, and Pinot grigios are all really popular and not overly sweet. Rieslings are sweeter, so I'd stay away from those for table wines. Pinot Grigio is lighter than Chardonnay and Sauv Blancs, but my personal favourite is Chardonnay.

My go-to is Pelee Island Chardonnay VQA which is $12.45 in Ontario at the LCBO - might be different in Manitoba but I'm not familiar with how wines are sold there. Personally, I don't find price to be a determining factor for wines for me, so I think as long as you have a Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauv Blanc for your tasting, you should be good!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you considered making your own wine? I know its normally around $5 per bottle with customized labels and includes bottle and all the process.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing Apothic Red & White.

They are both blends, so kinda the middle ground I find, and most people I know like both.

They are kinda mid price here... but we watched for sales and got them when they were just as cheap as copper moon. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics