Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BunnyBride
Super August 2334 Nova Scotia

Table Space Help: Centrepiece vs. Entertainment (board Games)

BunnyBride, on January 17, 2019 at 14:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Hi everyone!
I have an odd question that I was hoping to brainstorm some solutions too. I am going to be DIYing centrepieces for the tables, but our entertainment is going to be bringing in board games and video games for people to play, not a dance. The board games might need to spread out over the tables (round seating 8-10 people and we are putting 8 per table) and I am concerned the centrepieces may get in the way when people are playing.

My FH and I thought about getting the MC to maybe say people are free to move the centrepieces if they are getting in the way to "X" location, but I don't know about the etiquette surrounding asking guest to do things like that (or if there is even any...lol).

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Doris, on September 16, 2024 at 12:19
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would enlist the help of your wedding party to move center pieces and swap out for games!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the idea of board games!!! I'm thinking maybe right as dinner ends you can have someone clear out the centerpieces and replace them with the games at that point?
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just searched it up on pinterest...

Table Space Help: Centrepiece vs. Entertainment (board Games) 1
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can the board game serve as your centrepiece? There was someone on here that diy'd wedding/personal games. A lot of work perhaps but maybe that way it would be dual purposed. Or even just using the game as base and design your centrepiece on top...something simple
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The idea of the board game is different, though the centerpieces may get in the way as you not have the space to put them between guests.

Suggestion to have your wedding party to go around and have 1/2 of them put the centerpieces on a table set aside on each side of the room and the other half of your wedding party go around placing the board games on the tables to get the fun started.

This will be a surprise to see what's happening not knowing what to expect. Time it well so that once you finish dinner.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Centrepieces will be there for the initial set-up as is normal. From what I understand and have seen at non-wedding events the Board Room has done, the games get checked out from where the Board Room "game masters" (employees) set up then are brought back to the table by the guest. The check out is basically just a temporary shelf/table with a list of the games. You initial when you take and return a game, so, if someone is looking for a particular game, they know if it's available.

I do like the suggestion of having them collected by the bridal party divide and conquer (if they don't mind, of course :-) ). It could be timed at the end of the dinner right after the dishes are cleared to be less conspicuous. Yay!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that idea of games!!

How are they getting put out on the tables though? Will they be on the table with the centrepieces to begin with? If not, then when the games are being put on the tables maybe do an exchange of centrepieces for games?

If you plan on having them on the tables the whole time and it's just in the way when they want to set the games up, I would say that your best bet is to have your wedding party disperse and take them for the guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics