Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Newbie August 2023 Nova Scotia

Table runner: can a person be seated at the ends?

Rebecca, on July 10, 2023 at 16:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

HI Brides and Grooms to be!

I’ll be have rectangular tables of 8 (3 on the side and 1 at each end) at my wedding. I bought these beautiful dusty blue cheesecloth table runners and it wasn’t until they arrived that my fiancé asked “what about the people sitting at the ends of the table?”. Pinterest doesn’t have much on this front so I bring the question to you folks.

My question is: is it okay to have the table runners hang down the ends AND have people sitting there?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Mila, on July 16, 2023 at 11:17
  • Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would seat someone at the end but definitely not have the table runner hang. Either have the table runner trimmed or folded well so it doesn't hang over.
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would customize the table runners if your planning on seating people at the end so that it doesn’t hang over. Then it won’t disturb those said people. (If you don’t want to get it customized a certain length you could cut it and then tape it under the table.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have it hanging off the table if you are putting seating there. I would just have it long enough to reach the end settings, but not go all the way.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm...my first thought is that it would be a little awkward? Could you maybe fold them under so they don't hang off? I know it's a different look, it's just if they hang I feel like that could look off having people sit there? Maybe someone on here has seen it done before and it looked fine?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics