Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Belle
Curious July 2023 Alberta

Table call up

Belle, on April 21, 2023 at 01:30 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3

We are doing a buffett style dinner.... what are some fun ways to call up tables?

I have heard about Newly wed trivia, song titles on table and when you hear your song you go up, regular trivia... has anyone done anything like this if so what are some ideas and if you would have done anything different. Thanks in advance!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Jordyn, on April 25, 2023 at 06:19
  • Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There’s a page that you can put on the wedding wire website called quiz/game or something ! It’s like trivia, then you could see which tables have gotten the most answers corrrect !
    I hope this makes sense haha !
  • Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a such a nice touch... we are feeding bridal party then doing speaches while people eat (i plan to be elbow deep in food)... so we want to make sure I'm fed and don't go all hangry bridezilla heheh... we also have a receiving line to thank people for coming and a song that will play where we run around to each table for a silly or serious photo... were thinking Bride and groom trivia ... the better you know us the faster you eat 😆
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not sure if this will work for your timing, or how many tables you will have etc., but I have heard multiple times from people after their wedding how hectic and frazzled they felt at the dinner/dance, with the obligation to greet and speak to all their guests, and that they didn’t get a chance to eat.

SO I think what my fiancé and I are going to do is have the MC announce that the bride and groom will let people know when they can eat. Then we can walk around the room and personally thank people for coming, then send them on their way to get their food. I liked this idea as a way to ensure every guest gets a little face time, but we won’t end up getting stuck in long conversations when we are absolutely starving ourselves, or make someone feel unimportant by missing a chance to say thank you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics