Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel-Anne
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Table arrangements with no wedding party

Rachel-Anne, on February 13, 2020 at 10:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Good morning:

I'm hoping to get some advice here on seating arrangements for the reception. My fiance and I are not having a wedding party. We each have a 'witness' for the ceremony, but not a true Maid of Honour/Best Man. Each of these witnesses will have a guest coming to the event.

We both come from blended families:

-The groom has his father, stepfather, mother and mother's friend attending.

-I will have my mom and stepdad attending.

What do we do regarding a head table?

Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Carly, on February 14, 2020 at 03:44
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sweetheart table sounds like the way to go if you don’t have a full wedding party. I have seen people do this also so that their party can sit with significant others rather than trying to find a place that won’t make them feel lonely.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're the type who find it weird to be up in the spotlight with just the two of you, an alternative is to place a regular round table on the floor for your family and sit with them. The lack of a traditional head or sweetheart table will also save you some money on having to decorate it.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could also go with a longer table with seats on each side and have the middle area decorated or flowers, something to make it stand out in the photos.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also don't have a wedding party. I want a sweetheart table as a "home base" in case we want a break from dancing.

Our wedding is different from yours since we aren't having a full meal. But if we did we would put people who know each other together and a few strangers with similar interests mixed in. Like my friend Lisa doesn't know my close girlfriends, but she and my friend Ashley share a love of Harry Potter so I would put them together at the same table. Skip the head table and just put people with similar interests or who know each other together.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do a sweetheart table! Then you get some quiet time with just you and him.

We are doing a sweetheart table despite having a wedding party, it just sounded nicer and I know our wedding party will enjoy getting to sit with their significant others.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I aren't having a wedding party either, so we're just doing a sweetheart table. We did think about sitting with our closest friends, but we decided that the time alone with each other was something that we'd like and just enjoy our first meal as husband and wife in somewhat privacy.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the same boat as you. I agree with everyone else - just a sweeatheart table for the two of you!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just go with a sweetheart table. Maybe add a couple chairs so that people can come and go to see the two of you as they please so that it's less walking around for you guys?

For my wedding we both had 5 people on each side of us and even though some of them had plus ones with them, they can handle not sitting together for like an hour so if you want your witnesses up there with you then why not?

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do a sweetheart table with just you and FH sitting at it and have everyone else sitting at regular tables.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics