Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gwen
Beginner October 2021 Alberta

Sweetheart vs head table

Gwen, on November 4, 2020 at 10:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Hi everyone! Who is going for a sweetheart table at their reception? My fiancé and I are going for a sweetheart table and will be letting our families sit together all in one table or split them in to two different tables. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this - we are thinking of ways to make tje family tables look more decorated compared to guest tables. Will this look weird if there's one or two tables that are decorated more than the other tables? Any advice will be helpful!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on November 6, 2020 at 08:59
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of the sweetheart table. It gives you a chance to spend a little time together and alone during your reception.

One piece of advice I was given was if you have an emcee ask them to request that people refrain from visiting the couple during dinner so you have a chance to eat and enjoy one another's company.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Giving the family tables different decor from the others is fine. It's almost like a VIP table that you see in a lot of corporate events or galas.

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh i see, that's a good idea too. Thanks Margaret!
  • Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for this idea, Amanda!
  • Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! We are doing a sweetheart table with a riser.. The Wedding Party will be infront of us (2 tables) then our family tables will be close to the dance floor around our tables. We are planning on just doing a mix of high and low centrepieces though.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Gwen,
    We are doing a sweetheart table on a platform, and then we will have two tables angled from each side of our sweetheart table (on floor level) where the bridesmaids and groomsmen will sit. It will look like a very wide "V" in a way !

• Gwen
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we would be doing our sweetheart table up more than the othe tables for sure 😅 I was thinking the family table will be way less decorated than ours but to be a bit decorated than the guest tables, just to have that slight distinction
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also doing a sweetheart table, so our bridal party can sit with their SO's.

How much more decorated would you have the family tables? I personally think that would look a bit odd, unless every table is decorated differently than the others. If just a couple are fully done up, and the others aren't, I feel they would be spotlighted, instead of maybe your table. What if you do up your table more?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics