Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Sweetheart Table? Or Head Table?

Lynnie, on February 1, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

Where will you sit at your wedding reception? Are you going to join the whole wedding party at a big head table? Or will you and your brand new spouse have a sweetheart table for two?

Sweetheart Table?Sweetheart Table? Or Head Table? 1

Photo from Parisian Premia Events in Surrey, BC

Or Head Table?Sweetheart Table? Or Head Table? 2

Photo from Maximum Music DJ Service in Toronto

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 6, 2019 at 01:52
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart table only. I just don't like the idea of a head table and keeping bridal party members away from their spouses or partners. I've been that person before (the partner) and it sucked!

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing both ... sweetheart table for us and then bridal party siting right beneath us. Best of both worlds.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re still trying to decide.. we may not have enough seats for everyone at a head table. But we’re also trying to decide if having a bridal party table will work better since some of the bridesmaids and groomsmen have SO and I assume they would prefer to sit with them... decisions, decisions!!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a head table, it will work best for our venue.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a sweetheart table, and I'm so glad we did. Having those few moments when it was just us two, where we can whisper and hold hands without talking to anyone else... it was really nice. It gave us the only 'alone time' we'd have all night.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still debating.

It'll depend on how the tables will be arranged at our venue (long rectangular tables).

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a sweetheart table. We don’t have a wedding party (except a ring-bearer).
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither! We’re sitting at a regular round table with family members/friends. It will be at the front of the room but it won’t be considered a head table.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart table was our best decision which my parents did mention they didn't want to be up on the head table with my in law Aunt. The wedding party was not going to be part of it too for sure.

This cleared up the dilemma and an easy choice.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We really wanted the sweetheart table, but the decor style we wanted was really more suited to a head table style arrangement. I plan on dancing for most of the night so I wasn't too disappointed.

• Olivia
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going with a head table!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know exactly what you mean!!

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Wedding Party is 12 + Bride and Groom. Our Venue just let us know that there is now a $75.00 fee for the extra risers we will need. (I asked about this when we booked & no extra fee was mentioned) The Venue has suggested that FH and I sit up 1 riser at our own sweetheart table with the 12 Members of our Wedding Party sitting in front of us, 1 riser down. We have not decided yet which way we would prefer. Mock up of our tables at our venue is Monday so seeing it will help us decide.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I mean... at least if we had a sweetheart table we wouldn't have to walk around to our guests and they can come to us though eh?

At the same time - you just know that there will be one Aunt or Uncle who wants to talk to you for a good 30 minutes Smiley sad

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll go with a head table. Sitting by ourselves feels a little weird, we'd love to spend the time with our bridal party, and they don't have any SO's who'd be uncomfortable sitting with our (or their) families. Plus our venue has a stage that fits a bigger table better so it was an easy decision.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm torn for the same reasons!! There would literally be 1 S/O who wouldn't know anyone else and might feel awkward during dinner.

It would be nice to be with the wedding party since we are able to relax a little more and enjoy their company. With a sweetheart I'm worried guests will just come up and talk to us all night.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a Head Table. In our venue there is a stage area that fits it nicely. Less round tables that I will have to have. Makes more sense in the space. Plus I love our Bridal party and I want to spend time with them!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a head table. I like the idea of sitting with our wedding party. My fiance also isn't the most comfortable with added attention so having more people up there with us will help take the pressure off him.

Fiance: "if it's just the two of us then who will I talk to?"

Me: "Ummm me?"

Fiance: "Oh ya well besides you" Smiley tongue

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a head table...we both agreed we would find it awkward to have a little table with just the two of us at the front of everyone. Plus its always nice to sit with the wedding party, everyone talks and has a good time.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided just yet - but I would be more into the sweetheart table Smiley smile More time to be "alone" with the hubby!

Plus there is at least one person in our wedding party whose S/O won't have anyone else to sit with that they know if we do have a head table... I know it's only during supper though so it's not the biggest deal breaker.

• Xandra
    Beginner November 2019 Quebec
    Xandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have kind of a head table, but we didn't want to be up in front and possibly alienating some of our guests or making them feel less important by being further away from us, so it'll be located in the center of the room.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am open to both. Our wedding party is our siblings. So it just depends if they are all ok with a head table. And their kids will sit with the grandparents.
    Or it will just be a sweetheart table If the siblings want to sit with their children
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Head table! want to be able to hang out with the wedding party and I don't want it to just be us infront of everyone!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics