Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Devoted November 2019 Quebec

Sweetheart table decoration

Rebecca, on October 23, 2019 at 19:11 Posted in DIY 0 9

Im planning on doing a sweetheart table.
This is my inspiration. I want it to look nice and elegant but I'm afraid of doing to much and making it tacky.
Sweetheart table decoration 1This is the swag I made for my table Sweetheart table decoration 2as well as a "mr&mrs" sign. Our venue has stone walls that I love but was thinking of making a little backdrop behind the table with aome lights just to add a little. (This is our venue and I want to do the lights up top too. ) any suggestions? Will it look tacky or to much?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 29, 2019 at 16:44
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE sweetheart tables! We did one too! I think it looks super pretty, not tacky.

We kept the decor for our sweetheart table pretty on par with the guests' tables. Instead of a lace runner, we got a long drapy lace tablecloth, we still had the taper candles and the greenery stems down the length, but they were at the front edge instead of down the centre. Thats pretty much it! The only things we did that were a bit extra, is we had the vases for mine and the girls' bouquets placed on the ground in front of the table. So basically once the ceremony and photos were over, the bouquets became decor. We also had a floral arch for the ceremony that got moved above our table.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find your sweetheart table very pretty and elegant it won’t look tacky as long as it goes with your theme and the decor
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very pretty! it wont look tacky as long as you keep it within the theme of your wedding! I had a sweetheart table and it was the best decision we could have made! it gave us time to chat with each other and look at our company and see everyone. It was awesome! and ya we kept it more simple, but within the theme/decor of the rest of the venue and it was awesome. sorry I don't have any pics Smiley sad

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Rebecca!! Your table swag looks gorgeous! I love the lights that you added to it. It looks so pretty! I definitely don't think it will look too much.

If you are adding a backdrop to it, personally, I wouldn't want to cover up the beautiful stonework of the wall, so perhaps just hanging some additional lights would work?

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys, sometimes you just need second opinions. Heres the wall. I realize my photo didnt add.
    Sweetheart table decoration 3
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks nice!! but if you want to add some more you can add some bling to it or some large candles on each side

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love it! For sure don't think it's too much - if you do put something on the brick wall behind you maybe it could be just lights or some decor but not a drapery or anything to cover it up Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your table swag it looks incredible. I agree with Amanda as long as you dont do too much I think it'll look perfect.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your inspiration table is lovely, and the one you made is really pretty as well. Personally I love a stone or brick wall so I wouldn’t cover it myself but that is your preference. I would just make sure to not add too much that it looks crammed/cramped for the size of the table. That’s when I think you will start to get that “tacky” look in my opinion. However I think you know what you are wanting and what you made already looks great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics