Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie July 2021 Alberta

Summer Weddings with Covid-19??

Megan, on April 8, 2021 at 12:10 Posted in Alberta 0 5

Hello everyone!

I am struggling on what to do about our wedding this summer. Our wedding is July 24th of this year and with hearing the new restrictions for Alberta a couple days ago, I seem to be quite discouraged. Are there any of you that have plans to get married this summer still? How are you coping with everything? We have already changed our original plans and are now doing a backyard wedding with only 50 people or less but I just don't know if it's realistic at this point to think that it would be possible by the end of July to have an outdoor gathering with that many people. I don't know what to do because I don't want to cancel then regret it if by July everything seems to be better and restrictions lift. I just need some advice so if anyone is able to give me their opinions on what they think and how they are handling their summer wedding planning etc. I need to have a decent amount of time to continue planning like dress alterations and making of decorations but I don't want all my time and money to go to waste if everyone thinks it will not be possible. I just hate all of this uncertainty. I appreciate all of your input and I look forward to seeing what plans you have made around this whole covid dilemma.

Thanks a million! Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 28, 2021 at 23:59
  • A
    Newbie August 2021 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 21st in Calgary here!

We have created "lists" for every scenario (10 people max) , 50 people should it be like last summer and then our reg guest list (final was 86).
    I will be popping our invites in the mail in the middle of next month with a notice as well basically telling everyone to respond as if life were "normal" , but we will be monitoring government regulations and make a final decision by July 15th.
    We have talked to all our vendors and found out what would be refundable, or lost due to cancelation if it stayed the same and we proceeded with 10. Overall, we would be lucky and not much would be lost. (We have been planning our wedding for almost 2 years lol)
    Fingers crossed for everyone things improve and weddings can proceed with even 50 people!! ♡
  • Sydney
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To help you out, my advice would be. Make sure you and your fiance are on the same page. Plan things first that dont matter with numbers. Make sure you get your dress, location, theme, what you wanna do with your hair, etc.

Then i made a list of like 25 people ( most important),then 50 people.

Then i planned my wedding and went from there.

• Sydney
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! Im July 9th!! We originally were doin it in Saskatchewan. We moved it back to Alberta mid January to the family Acreage in the hopes that we can have a bit more people. Now that restrictions are 10 people my fiance is wanting to push the limits and have around 30-35 people. I get the feeling if we dont have those people we might have to postpone. I want to have the wedding this summer regardless.

I dont think we are going to be able to have that many people as wedding are in Step 4, we are currently in Sept 1!! but fingers crossed!! I have my hopes up that its our day, we will get married and have family gathering later! We are debating getting married at the courthouse the day before, then we can do a mock wedding with a bit more people with no officiant the day of

• Megan
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are literally in the exact same boat! We have 12 in our bridal as well and the girls have already got their dresses and I would feel horrible that they spent the money when they could have waited if we do decide to postpone. We live out on a large acreage and are going to do it with just 50 people but it still doesn't seem realistic with how things are going now. My fiancé wants to wait till next year too even though I wouldn't mind eloping, he just wants his family there with us. It's also going to be way too busy to plan things next year and I don't know if our photographer would even be available then. I could see how postponing would be less stressful but I will be saddened if by the time our wedding comes and the restrictions lift and everything is a go but we decided to postpone. I'm not sure if I would be able to handle that! We were thinking making our decision to postpone by mid June but I almost think I should do it sooner as I would still need to have my dress altered and decorations made etc. Thank you for your response and feel free to message me anytime as we seem to have very similar issues!

• Shay
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im also July 24!! i am struggling with all of this as well. At the beginning of the year we moved everything to our acreage(plenty of room even for over 100people) but now we arent sure that much more than 10 will be able to come. our bridal party is 12 people alone, my fiance doesnt want to get married if we cant have those people there with us. I am such a planner and these last few months have just been awful. All we are doing for now is waiting to see what happens, postponing seems like it would add so much stress to my plate(but i have heard brides who postponed say there was a weight lifted off their shoulders) im not even sure what would be available next year as im sure weddings are booking up fast! Originally we said we were going to get legally married this year no matter what happens, but I am finding it extremely hard to envision a 10 person wedding when we started with 200. I am still hopeful that it will get better then 10 people, there's still over 100 days. i think if by the middle/end of June if things are still the way they are and numbers arent declining we will postpone.

Smiley heart fingers crossed for us!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics