Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Summer Weddings Under Ontario Re-opening Plan

Nicole, on May 29, 2021 at 12:28 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi all!

My husband and I were supposed to have our wedding in July 2020, but decided to have a private ceremony and postpone the celebration to July 2021. We are currently scheduled to have it on July 16th in our backyard. We are hoping for 50-100 guests, but according to the re-opening plan released it looks like that date falls between phases 2 / 3. Our understanding is that phase 2 is only 25 people outdoors (at a private residence), but phase 3 will be more? I'm hearing rumours of 50-100? That would be ideal for us, so we are considering pushing it a few weeks to a weekend in August to ensure phase 3. Does anyone have any more info on what rules for July/August weddings at a private residence (outdoors) might look like?

Thank you!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on May 30, 2021 at 01:56
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm September 5 and we're planning as if we're Step 2, only because the venue and us have no idea what Step 3 entails. For all we know, it's just the same gathering count but with less restrictions. And planning with an arbitrary number that we don't know will be in place or not is too much of a headache.

• Nicole
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately that’s what we’ve figured Smiley sad We’re hoping to move it to mid August with hopes we’ll be in phase 3, which sounds like it would have more options (50-100 people outdoors). Either way, better than phase 2. I’m wondering if other couples are feeling hopeful about August?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The earliest Step 2 can happen is July 5, which means the earliest Step 3 can happen is July 26. So if your wedding is July 16, you have to have it as a Step 2 wedding.

No one knows what Step 3 is. The government wants to make it up as they go along so for all we know, it could be 50/100 indoor/outdoor or it could be 25/50. And we don't know whether it allows certain activities like dancing, singing, etc.

As with all private residence events, any vendor also count toward the gathering limit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics