Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Haylee
Frequent user July 2020 Ontario

Summer wedding plans amidst Covid-19

Haylee, on April 6, 2020 at 09:37 Posted in WeddingWire 1 9

Hey everyone. I was wondering everyone's thoughts on this subject. I'm getting married July 25 of this year whether we can have all our guests there or not. I'm thinking we may end up doing a reception later on at this point. But when exactly should that call be made is my question? We're doing the whole thing at my church so my date for the reception can literally be any day. But I'm just wondering at what point in time should I decide about sending out invitations etc. I have held back on that for now, because I don't want to invite all of our friends and family, and then end up having to tell them not to come. Everything is changing daily so it's so hard to know what the future will look like! Even just when it comes to retail stores reopening. Honestly once I have my wedding dress and rings in my hand and a license, all my anxiety will be put at ease, because we're doing this thing one way or another!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:38
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would decide by the end of the month if you are postponing or not. you could also do a live zoom so your family and friends can watch??????

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married July 18, even if it's just us & the officiant. If we can't have our guests attend, we will look at postponing the ceremony maybe a year or more (depending on finances) & have a vow renewal/reception
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh boy. Well all we can do is keep a close eye on the situation and hope for the best. I am going to keep planning as much as I can and if there are things that have to be last minute, then so be it. At least this way I am keeping my hopes up but still being realistic. I will be ready for whatever this stupid virus throws at me. Smiley smile

• Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers crossed for you too! I just saw in the news today that the city of Ottawa has extended their ban on public gatherings, closures etc. until June 30. This gives me hope that by the end of July things might be somewhat on their way to back to normal.

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to look into it again at the end of April. There are so many changes each day that we just don't know what will happen. I have also held off on sending invites just in case. Fingers crossed for all of us.

• Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So true! In a way it will feel like even more of a celebration after being apart from everyone for so long. The more I think about it, the more an intimate backyard wedding with our own little cake and a few family members sounds just as perfect as a regular church ceremony. However it works out, we'll be happy after all of this is over. Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked a date a few weeks ago for when we will need to make the decision. I would think you'll need to decide late May or early June so you'll have time to send invites if all goes to the original plan.

As far as the party our plan right now is to elope on our 2020 wedding date have an anniversary reception next year. I'm hopeful that travel restrictions will be lifted way before then, so all our loved ones can make it. The wonderful thing is when this is done everyone is going to love a reason to get together with all the people they've missed, so even a more last minute reception should be well attended!
  • Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Best of luck, I hope it works out for all of us in the summer! It may not be exactly what we were hoping for, but all it matters to us in the end is that we're together. Extra celebrations can happen later on. The looming unknowns just suck!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be cancelling until the last moment we can. Either late May or early June!

We hope this all works our!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics