Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantelle
Curious May 2022 British Columbia

Summer 2021 wedding, what are people doing?

Chantelle, on January 5, 2021 at 16:56 Posted in British Columbia 0 14
Like many people my fiance and I planned our summer 2021 wedding well over a year ago..... Now that it's getting a bit closer we are wondering are people now postponing or waiting it out due to COVID?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Marsha, on April 10, 2021 at 17:02
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance proposed to me Nov 2019 and our initial date was Aug 1 2021. In Feb we made the final decision to postpone to 2022, so we called the hall and moved our date to July 31 2022, and informed the photographer, videographer, and decorator. I will get back to planning sometime in the summer, not much we can do right now. I am still on the fence if it makes sense to do paper invites lol. You will get to a place where you will figure it out. I was not sure about postponing last year fall and i finally came to grips with it. Hoping 2022 looks a lot brighter.

• Jory
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Jory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really think it will be 50 this summer based on Dr. Henry's press conference in January saying it would be similar to last summer
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exact same dates and postponement as you, Bel. Just hoping and praying for some normalcy by then. To think we would be knee deep in wedding planning right now, and we have barely thought about it in months.

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi,

My fiance and I planned on marrying on our 14th anniversary last August but with Covid and having my mother and sisters having to travel from BC to Ontario we postponed by a year. How will the world be August 14th, who knows, but we are going to wed no matter what. We have waited long enough and it's important to keep everyone safe. Plus with a smaller wedding we can have invite more people to "join" us online so they can see the wedding. My friend did it last year and it was amazing to see. I was talking with a friend in another province as we were watching the wedding together. This is for you and your partner. Try to enjoy it best you can.

• Julia
    Newbie May 2021 British Columbia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are planning a wedding in May. We will have a micro wedding with less than 10 people so the current restrictions don't matter to us. However, my concern is that they will not allow any dine-in due to wide pread of variants. What is everyone doing about it?
  • Bel
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

We just postponed our from June 26th 2021, to June 25th 2022. I contacted the vendors I have booked, and they all had our new date. We are only doing this because we dont want restrictions. Both our Venue and DJ stated there still would be for June most likely, as the Vaccine timelines have been pushed back a little. Our DJ had a post on her social media indicating she is not sure how much dancing would be happening depending on restrictions. Anyways, I truly think its all timing and what you want, and I personally didnt want to wait too long if I was postponing. We have about 80 people, not big but above restrictions most likely for 2021. Also with so many weddings being postponed from 2020, or 2021, and newly engaged couples, not sure what 2022 is going to look like. AH!

Best of luck, you do you! Sending lots of Support!!

• Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just postponed our June 5th, 2021 wedding to August 28, 2021. Really didn't want to do that but things didn't appear to be changing much by then Smiley sad. Sooo hoping we are ok for August!! We are already only having 40 people. Not willing to reduce the number. Fingers crossed for all of us this spring and summer!

• Meena
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Meena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are thinking of doing the same thing. I also feel like I just want to book a "party" (don't want to call it a wedding reception a year later) so that it actually happens! But it's tough to decide that... what if you're 9 months pregnant... better yet what if you're in labour!

• Kelly
    Newbie June 2021 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have secured my wedding date for 1 September 2021. I live in Vancouver, but all our family + friends are from elsewhere in the world. Worried international travel restrictions will in place then still, however at the same time being cautiously optimistic things will work out. Hoping for the best for our wedding this year, but thinking of a plan B too!

• Chantelle
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Chantelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I thought about that. I have a few friends that said they would do a reception later (due to having kids), and not one of them actually ended up doing the reception so I have a feeling mine would be the same so that worries me.
  • Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whatever the restrictions are we are getting married. Although we are working on postponing our reception.

• Krista
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still a go for June 2021. None of our vendors have called to say anything.. so we will wait and see how things go. I am still actively planning and have paid all our deposits.

However, we have made a plan B. To move our wedding to our backyard if needed. This would only happen if the indoor gatherings were still restricted, and if we had to reduce the guest list to 10. Then we would move the date of our venue to allow for a reception in the future.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're trying to figure out what we're doing with our June 26, 2021 wedding. At this point, our art gallery wedding of 120 isn't going to happen, so we're thinking of using that venue as an anniversary party later on and having an outdoor wedding where we can have more people and better social distancing. The struggle is not knowing anything about gathering sizes or what were going to be allowed to do, so I don't even know where to start when planning.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are going ahead with our August 7 wedding as of right now. We already postponed our first date August 8 2020 back in May and don't really want to postpone again. The only way that we'd postpone again is if gathering sizes don't increase for then 10. I would wait until maybe the end of March early April before you make a final decision about your wedding. Things might look up by then and you can still have your big day. Just make sure that your venue and your vendors have in your contracts that you're able to switch to a new date if you need to with no extra cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics