Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Summer 2021 restrictions

Charlotte, on March 10, 2021 at 12:43 Posted in Ontario 0 9
What are your thoughts on ontario covid restricts in July? Similar as now?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Charlotte, on April 7, 2021 at 17:57
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! There’s not a ton of Chang win rules between green-yellow-orange. And I have been assured that colour zones will still be in place. Not seeming like many rules will change. Just hope not to be in grey or white at this point!
  • Lindsay
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! Just spoke with my venue recently who is in Port-Hope and yellow zone currently. Even if they go to green we can still only have 100 people (which must include staff), max 6 per table, only eating and drinking at your table, and music must be at speaking volume (boring!).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Things are looking a bit better for most places considering some are not getting the same restrictions lifted. The idea of getting the vacation shot seems not to great since its not fully tested scientifically and staying home losing pay for a few days due to the effects. The travelling is still not open everywhere of a concern.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s amazing!! That is really exciting to hear.

I’m in Windsor. We are currently on the borderline of being back in grey but are in red for now.. Our wedding is in 3 1/2 months.
    We will do our first dances but we won’t be having a dance unfortunately. It’s about $2000 savings if we make the decision now but if we wait till closer to see we will have to pay for the dancing room and expenses for that room at our reception
  • M
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Alexis, I am curious to know if you would share where area you will be getting married in? I am also getting married on July 17th! Congratulations btw!

We are in Northumberland where we are currently in "Yellow". After doing a bit more reading I see that even if we move into "green" dancing is permitted but with restrictions and I am really interested to hear from some brides about what they believe or know these dancing restrictions are!

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am no longer optimistic of this either. Many of our guests will also be vaccinated, already a couple who have received both doses and several more who have had their first dose already. Numbers are numbers though despite vaccinations. Our venue is in red and said they expect to be until may/june when they slowly move their way up the scale. Bar hours, and numbers were big deciding factors for us. We have decided to do a small backyard wedding this year and postpone the reception at the venue til next year.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have made the tough decision to go ahead with an intimate backyard ceremony this year and postpone the reception at the venue til next year. We too cannot see the restrictions changing very much. Our venue is currently in red and venue owner expects they will be until may/june. We want approximately 70 people there. We can only have 50 inside. We could rent a tent and do everyone outside but then we are paying for a venue/space we aren't even using. Having the bar close at a certain time is also tough because we planned to do an evening ceremony. No dancing and singing and mask is also something to consider. We sent out invites months ago instead of save the dates. We want to celebrate with everyone.

• Stacey
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning for 30-50 guests indoors, keeping in mind current restrictions. While most of my guests should be vaccinated by that time (older adults, high-risk healthcare workers, teachers), I'm not feeling optimistic that restrictions will be relaxed before July.

The hardest part is the uncertainty around which colour zone we may be in at that time, and how that will affect restrictions (i.e, number of guests/table, number of tables needed, hours of bar service, venue closing time, ability to get hair/makeup done, etc.)

Very sad that there will be no dancing, and I'm willing to bet that because of that, guests will consume less and leave earlier. So hard to swallow the increased costs when this is the case, but we can't bring ourselves to postpone again.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is July 17.. We are hoping for 100 people at an outdoor ceremony.
    We are sending invites to the 100 people and having it say directly on the invite ‘subject to covid restrictions’. We aren’t having a dance but we plan on having our 1st or 2nd anniversary party be a wedding playlist party
    I honestly don’t think restrictions will change. If they do that would be an awesome surprise!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics