Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jory
Newbie June 2022 British Columbia

Summer 2020/2021 Bachelorette in Bc... What were the covid rules last summer?

Jory, on March 4, 2021 at 01:55 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
Hello! This post is especially for SUMMER 2020 COVID brides who had their bachelorette last summer in BC. What were the gathering restrictions? Dr. Bonnie Henry said it would be the same as last summer or similar this year, so I am trying to think back... Summer 2020 brides in BC, what were the rules? Summer 2021 brides, what are you planning? Thank youSmiley smile

3 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on March 4, 2021 at 14:19
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As far as I recall 50 was the limit for everything. There were no distinctions between funerals, weddings, parties, birthdays, showers, etc. They only distinguished weddings and funerals when they brought in the November restrictions because if they didn't make an exception people essentially wouldn't have been able to get married or have a funeral.

Definitely plan for 50 if you feel you'd be comfortable with hosting that number but I'd also make backup plans for less.

• Jory
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Jory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Was the gathering restriction of 50 for non weddings too, like bridal showers, or just weddings? I think since the vaccine rollout will be well underway by midsummer, the regulations will be similar to last summer at the least (when there was no vaccine). This is just my take, anyways!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last year gathering restrictions in BC were always 50 people (dependent on limitations of the venue which could make it less if the space is too small to distance) until they tightened things in November. However safe 6 was what they recommended. I would be shocked if they let 50 people gather again before everyone has had at least their first dose of the vaccine. I think Dr. Henry probably means things will need to be small again and not to plan for any large events.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics