Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Suggestions on how to incorporate my journal entries

Linzer, on January 28, 2017 at 22:28 Posted in DIY 0 12
This is a bit of a cross post as I mentioned it in another thread, but in summary I've kept a journal since before I met my FH and I've actually managed to capture our whole meeting, falling in love.... love story! I've shared a lot of the old entries with him (editing a few parts out if course hahah...) but I was thinking about incorporating snippets/ copies of the entries about us into the wedding somehow.
My friend suggested I actually read from them in a speech (particularly the funny stuff like when I went on a singles cruise three weeks after meeting my FH and was miserable and love / sea sick the whole time missing him). But I thought that maybe there would be a cute DIY project to be had out of this! I just don't really know. Maybe something in a program or on a table....
Your creative minds are needed! I have nothing but time so even a more involved project is cool.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 17, 2018 at 09:43
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is scrapbooking to make your ideas shine and share with your guests to look at the gift table.

We put one together of how we met and how our friends were part of it. Its a project for you 2 to consider.

We are going to start soon on our wedding scrapbook and have pictures printed out too. Paper selected and embishments to put our memories together.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly!! Smiley laugh

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh a game might be fun! Maybe as a way to force people to move around the space to different tables to read stuff we have out, encouraging mingling before dancing starts. See who knows the couple best, but exclude he wedding party and family haha
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All these ideas are great! If you kind spun off of the "fun facts" and made it into a game, do you think your guests would enjoy that or be able to guess/answer the questions?
    I think it's so cute that you have this, what a nice time capsule ☺️
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loving all the ideas ladies, thank you! ❤❤❤
    Since I'm not doing a sit down dinner I have less opportunities for cute table numbers and accompanying cards but I was hinting about doing "fun facts about the bride and groom" display cards scattered at the cocktail tables around the restaurant. Next to my random non-centrepiece but sort of a centerpiece decor!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's true haha, I suppose it would be contextualized with the fact that it is our wedding after all! I'm not envisioning a sort of display board at our welcome table with the snippets of journal entries and pictures....and then maybe referencing it in my thank you speech with a funny anecdote.
    Love it!!! Thank you!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's amazing Lindsey that you wrote that journal! What I wanted to do for our table numbers was put them in a frame of some kind but underneath the number but inspirational love quote, or facts about our relationship! You could do something like that! It's a relatively easy DIY!
  • Salume
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Salume ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about a backdrop/memory wall some where near your guest book table (or anywhere else)? You can hang some of your favorite photos with a journal entry close to the time those pictures were taken.Sam's idea of using them at the tables sounds great too! Maybe print and frame an entry and use it as a table number and make a time line of your relationship with those table numbers?
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think once they start reading it, they would understand! It is your wedding afterall. And I think including a picture would be cute. Maybe you could title the entries too for clarity?

And I like Melissa's idea of incorporating them into a thank you speech!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still so envious of this little time-capsule gem you have!

I think adding a fwew funny bits to a speech (if you say a thank you to everyone or anything) would be cute.

Or, really any of Sam's ideas are brilliant!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmmm giving it to him as a gift might be nice, but he knows what's in them. We like to rehash our story every six months or so it seems and I drag out the notebooks from my night stand and read to him :p
    I like the framing / displaying idea but would people get what it is without some kind of explanation?
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so sweet! If you're doing a slideshow, you could incorporate them there. Or maybe you could make copies of some of them and have them on display in frames at tables or maybe on the guestbook table?

Or if you wanted to just give it to him as a gift, you could maybe make a photobook or scrapbook with it and incorporate pictures of you two to go with the entries. You could give it to him to read before the ceremony.

Keep us posted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics