Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Beginner June 2024 Quebec

Suggestions for reception timeline: host, games, at reception? ..

Katrina, on February 10, 2023 at 13:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Hi community!

Still new to planning & being a member on WeddingWire šŸ„¹ My fiancĆ© and I are in the final stages of booking our venue and now comes the part of the timeline/schedule for the reception..Do you have any suggestion(s) .. DJ, host or games? My fiancĆ© said we can just have someone in charge of music (Spotify playlist)..Itā€™s just I donā€™t feel comfortable having one of our guests be in charge.. As for host:Iā€™m thinking of having someone just call out the bridal party crew (at the beginning when we enter) and the possibility if we will have games .. the first dance, dad and daughter dance, speeches, etc .. I know there will be a 1 hour cocktail at the beginning, 4 hours(?) dinner and the rest of the night after cutting the cake (open bar) ..
I do apologize for all my ramblingThank you community šŸ™šŸ½ā¤ļø

7 Comments

Latest activity by Katrina, on October 26, 2023 at 08:51
  • Katrina
    Katrina Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Anthony!
    Preparations are going well Smiley smile
    The help from this website too - I found my officiant & photographer on WeddingWire ā˜ŗļøItā€™s also been great looking at/reading inspirations for decor, bridal party attire and such.
  • A
    Newbie August 2019 Florida
    Anthony Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How is your preparation going on? Is it worth taking help from this website?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I had 39 people at our wedding and we still hired a DJ. Didn't have to worth about a single thing all day and he also did our ceremony music as well

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I both agreed we did not want to put any of our guests to work on our day. We have approximately 100 guests and we requested our DJ be our MC as well. He can pronounce us in, do speech introductions, go over the games, and make any necessary announcements as the evening goes on.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a small wedding 45 people. I am having spotify on shuffle and timed enough songs for the 6 hours we will be there. We are having games outside provided by the venue, so you can either dance or play games, or sit around and chat with everyone.

I also have a Master of ceremony My best friends husband, he will do the announcements. and if anything happens to the music he just has to go and hit shuffle.

I also have play lists set, 1. walk down the aisle, 2 exit song, 3 first dance, 4 parents dance. 5 bouquet toss. so he doesn't have to search for it.

• Katrina
    Katrina Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Nbcj!

Thanks for your suggestion! My wedding will be around 40-50 guests at the most .. as we want an intimate wedding.. But you are right with having someone with ideas as same with me I am half half a DIY girlie haha but at the same time I sometimes have no ideas šŸ˜… Iā€™ll reach out to some Dj/MC and thereā€™s one that I know as well too
    Many thanks!
  • Jnnj
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Jnnj Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! Depending on how big your wedding is + budget. But what we did for ours - with tight budget and 100 guests. We actually hired a DJ and MC that has reasonable rates. With their services, that includes games and props (if needed) iā€™m not a DIY girlie, so iā€™d rather pay to have someone do it than trying to figure out the games part and music ā˜ŗļø

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics