Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Suggestions for florists (so that $ does not make me cry...)

Khuraman, on April 18, 2020 at 17:09 Posted in Ontario 0 11

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during these crazy times! I feel for those who planned to have their big day this year, I hope it still turns out great even if it is postponed Smiley smile I am getting married next year and starting to plan the budget and MAN I HAD NO IDEA how expensive the whole thing is!! Looking for suggestions for a good florist that can maybe make all the arrangements (nothing crazy) within $****. Is it even possible? Any vendors in Vaughan (location of the venue) or Toronto (where we reside) would work.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions Smiley smile
Khuraman

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 20, 2020 at 14:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have any suggestions for an actual florist in the Vaughan or Toronto area per say. From my experience of going for a 1 time consultation of it, it seemed expensive enough to have all the extra put into a small wedding. Costco does have deals on flowers if you want to put it together yourself along with your wedding party help as an option.
    The best choice I as well as other couples here decided was artificial rental floral to save the cost and effort to have such extravagant centerpieces and head table. The space also was another factor to consider of keeping after the event for reselling purposes.

• Deborah
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with silk flower rentals with Jamilah Florals https://jamilahflorals.com/ from Mississauga. The flowers are beautiful and from the pictures, you can hardly tell they're fake. I heard about her from suggestions on Wedding Wire and from Facebook. My bouquet costs $55 and my bridesmaids bouquets are $25 each, and low centerpieces with vases at $25 each! I didn't want to go the DIY route because I don't live in the GTA (where I'll be getting married), and I don't want to burden my friends and family.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Of you're ok with a little DIY you can order flowers from Costco. They have a few premade arrangements or you can put them together yourself.

Also if you keep florals minimal and add more candles you can save on the flower budget. I bought 25 second hand vases with barely used candles for like $40 on an online yard sale because everyone is trying to have a thrifty wedding these days!
  • K
    Khuraman ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely considered that (especially now that Loblaws has all flowers 50% off) Smiley smile

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was actually told my a florist that I've I'm not super picky about the flowers to just get some from the grocery stores to save some money.
  • K
    Khuraman ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Will be checking all suggested places Smiley smile

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weddings by Ardenian! They are on WW or you can google them. Not sure where you are but I’m in Toronto. Super easy to work with, I sent them a picture of the floral I had in mind and she send me a quote. I found them to be the most reasonably priced, and didn’t have to have a minimum spending of 7000 like a lot of the ones I was suggested.
  • K
    Khuraman ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!! Will definitely start with this one Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah! I think you can definitely do something within your budget for sure.

I have 25 tables, my bouquet and my sisters, boutonnières and corsages for the family for under 4k.
    So I think you’ll be ok.
    I’m using Italflorist in Toronto! You can give Ester an email (I don’t think they’re currently open due to COVID) she’s really great with working with your budget.
  • K
    Khuraman ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Kelsie! We will have 75 guests (+/- 3) and I have 5 bridesmaids and my guy has 6 groomsmen (had to include all the siblings). We are likely to have 7-8 tables but need something for the chapel as well...this all is super overwhelming so any suggestions would help ground me a bit Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many guests are you having at your wedding? If it’s a smaller wedding I think your budget is definitely doable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics