Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
Newbie May 2022 British Columbia

Struggling

Becky, on October 18, 2021 at 01:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Picked at date for our wedding! But really struggling to accept my family wont come.

8 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on October 28, 2021 at 11:20
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear that they are going to miss out on such a milestone. Friends are often a great substitute for family- stay strong and plan your day for the both of you Smiley heart

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so so sorry to hear this! They are the ones losing out! It's sad that they feel this way cause love is love! I hope they change their mind an come around though

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love is love. I feel sorry for your family who can't see that. But I'd rather not taint my wedding day than to have a bunch of people in attendance just because of a blood relation. Family is more than just blood (imo). I'm sure those who are there will be thrilled to celebrate with you.

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Becky.

Congratulations on picking a wedding date, and finding your special person to spend your life with! I just want to say, I am truly sorry for the fact that your family have chose not to cherish your love and commitment and show support by celebrating with you and your fiancé on your big day. I hope that they have time to reflect on their harsh decision and have a change of heart.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that your parents won't be there because of who you have fallen in love with. That is truly their loss. You will still have a magical day with all of your friends and other family members present Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will start by saying I'm so happy that you found love. I feel sorry for any person who can't share in others joy. It truly is their loss. I hope you only see the love and have a magical day with other people who you choose to be extended family. Light and love to you
  • Becky
    Newbie May 2022 British Columbia
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No they wont be a part of my wedding cuz im gay.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Families and wedding quite often equal stress. I'm sorry your family won't come. Is it a distance issue? Maybe before the wedding comes around they will have something change and be there?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics