Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anne
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Storing Dress Before the Wedding Day

Anne, on January 9, 2022 at 17:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hi everyone,

My dress came in earlier than expected. I was told it would be here in May when I ordered it last year but it came in just this week. I need to store it away until end of July for our wedding. Anything special I should do? The ladies at the bridal store provided me with a garment bag and just told me to remove the plastic wrapped around my dress and put it in the garment bag when I get home. So…I guess just pop it in the closet and I’m good to go?
Thanks in advance for your response.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 9, 2022 at 18:54
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! I would listen to the bridal stores advice. They know everything about the dresses and care.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope - follow their advice! Mine was in the closet for a year in the garment bag. I was told to leave it hanging (don't lay it down). Hang it from the hanger straps not it's own straps (if it has straps); although your dress store probably hung it properly already.
  • Anne
    Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tip Hank! I picked it up and it’s a lot lighter than what I remember. I should have tried it again in store but was in a rush. Once i get home I’ll see where the best place to put it is.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your dress is bottom heavy, you may want to lay it flat, like underneath the bed or something. Otherwise the weight can stretch out the top part while it's hanging.

• Anne
    Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's nothing really you need to do. Have it in a dark place like a closet until your wedding 😊 I've had my dress for 2 and a half years now in my parents closet hanging up and it still looks the same

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics