Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie July 2021 Alberta

Still waiting for wedding video, anyone?!

Gloria, on November 6, 2021 at 19:47 Posted in Just married 0 9
Hi All,
Me and my husband have been happily married for 3 months and the wedding was amazing. It was in Edmonton. I’m not sure if this is normal, but we are still waiting on our photos and video. Every time we contact the man, he says just needs a few more days and then a week passes then a month and yet he says the same thing. At this point, I am frustrated and idk what to think. Our dream is to enjoy our memories recorded on video and photos which we already paid for! Idk what to do. Please tell me this is normal.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Camila, on October 12, 2022 at 15:38
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It took our videographer almost 4mos. we aren't 100% happy with how they turned out, so they need to be altered. so hopefully that doesn't take much more time...

• G
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your suggestions. Finally, we have resolved the issue and he gave us our photos and videos. Was not easy, but we have them. Good luck to you all waiting, always follow up.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This isn't normal waiting time for video and photos as it takes 6 weeks to get the editing and proofing done to receive. I would put a rush on it and want it than have to wait a year later. He may be working on multiple videos at the same time as yours and not realizing to finish one before starting another. I would give a deadline to get the video and photos before he delays your time more.

• Cassandra
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Still waiting for pics, videos, a carrier pigeon… married on August 27 😢
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can certainly inquire about why a wedding that took place after yours was given priority. Just to see what he says. But as I mentioned, it's concerning that he kept saying he needed a few days multiple times and still not delivering.

• G
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your inputs. I’ll give it more time considering it’s crazy wedding season. That’s right, I won’t call him out…the other thing I recently noticed is that he posted a preview video of a couple who got married a week after us, but it could also be that that wedding was shorter and easier to edit… I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3+ months is not abnormal to get you both video and photos, especially with this year's wedding season causing a huge backlog. Video editing is a long and tedious process, especially if your services are for more nuanced cuts that involve footage from multiple cameras and audio from speeches that need to be synced. I'd be more concerned at how they're always saying they need a few days when they know they can't meet the deadline. It's one thing to be delayed but it's another to lack transparency about it and feign inaccurate timelines.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If this timeline is not set in your contract I'd still say 3 months isn't unreasonable given how insane this wedding season was for vendors (I've seen many posts about how backed up they are and they're sorry... Two years of weddings in one), but his responses are questionable... Do you have a local Facebook wedding group you can ask about this specific photographer? We get this question a lot in ours - framed just as "if anyone used _____ can I send you a PM?" Don't call him out publicly until you have reason to.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Was there a time frame in your contract? Our photographers contract specifically says 2-3 months for completed photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics