Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Beginner August 2020 Ontario

Still need a ceremony site!

Cassandra, on September 20, 2018 at 11:16 Posted in Ontario 0 6
I know my wedding is just over 2 years away, but I'm a serious planner. If I can pre pay for things I will that way it frees up other money for the honeymoon. I would like an out door location since they would be significantly cheaper and it is August when the wedding will take place. I can't seem to find anything on google, either that or my research skills seriously lack. Can any of you ladies suggest something??

6 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on September 24, 2018 at 17:18
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You will probably find that an outdoor location is not any cheaper. You often have to pay a fee to use the space. Then you need to rent chairs etc. You then need to pay someone to officiate which is often 300-400 for just that. Also you NEED to have a backup in case of bad weather. This could mean paying some indoor venue a fee to hold the space in case you need it. Or it could mean renting a tent.

I dont know if your relogious but your cheapest cheapest option is usually a church. Or you may want to look for any “wedding chapels” in you’re area.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoors may have its downfall based on weather. Rentals and arch/aisle runner cost will add up fast.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah totally, I would normally be down for that however we do want to keep this wedding on the cheaper side of things since we don't want it to get too out of control. the reception venue we are really looking at doesn't offer ceremony option. which is why im looking for a separate site. I could always just talk about changing and spending a little more money haha

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there

just as a heads up from when I priced it out. an outdoor wedding did not make it any cheaper. it was actually about 700 more expensive. and you still need a backup plan for weather.

look into reception halls that have outdoor spaces. usually when you do that. they will help provide a back up weather plan.

we started planning about a month after we got engaged. so 1.5 years out. we did it for a similar reason. i'm a planner. and we wanted things paid early. so we wouldn't feel the crunch the last few months before.

good luck on your search!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh shoot lol oops, yeah I'm in Ottawa. the place ive had my eye on is fletcher park but their rules are just too strict for me.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not in Ontario but perhaps you could let us know what part of Ontario you are looking at? And a rough guest count?

As well, there is a wedding venue search here on Wedding wire you could use if you haven't tried it already: Wedding Venues Ontario

- Keep in mind you can narrow your search on wedding wire by selecting a city and/or type of venue (park, castle, loft, etc.)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics