Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie July 2026 Ontario

Step Child Junior Bridesmaid or Flower Girl?

Chloe, on May 7, 2023 at 12:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hey everyone! I have a question.. My fiancé and I set a date for 2026, I know that it is 3 years away but we wanted to make sure we are able to save enough money/make it how we want it. With that being said we currently have two children, the oldest is my fiancés daughter from a previous relationship and the youngest we had together. My question is not about having one child but not the other!!! It is actually about what I should do with our oldest.. She is 6 now so will be 9 by the time we get married, our youngest daughter will be 3 1/2 and we aren't sure if we are going to have another before our wedding. If we decide to try that baby would be around 1ish. Right now as it stands our youngest will be a flower girl as well as if we have another depending on gender either a flower girl or a "ring bearer" in a wagon or something lol. Since our oldest will be 9 I have been debating on whether or not to make her a junior bridesmaid, if not she will also be a flower girl. Has anyone ever had a junior bridesmaid? If so how old was the child? I have really been in a bind over this, I know I have 3 years to figure it out but I am just curious as to what others have done.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope everyone has a great day!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Michaela, on September 14, 2023 at 15:12
  • Michaela
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I have 4 kids, 2 from a previous relationship (girl and boy) and we have 2 girls together. My step daughter she is currently 9 and will be 10 by the time we get married she is a junior bridesmaid, our son is 7 (turning 8 in November) he is our ring bearer and our two youngest daughters 2 1/2 & 1/12 ( they will be 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 by the wedding) will be our flowers girls. ❤️❤️
  • S
    Newbie August 2026 New Brunswick
    SHYLA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t know if there are “rules”and it’s not silly at all!!! In the end it’s your wedding day and your decisions, so chose whatever will make the most sense and make you guys the happiest!!
  • C
    Newbie July 2026 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See that was the EXACT reason that I decided to ask on here lol. I wasn't sure if there was a specific age or not. She is the reason that I have my mother title, yes I have my own daughter with my fiance but my step daughter will forever be my first daughter. She's helped shape me so I knew I wanted her to be a big part of my day, just didn't know if there were like "rules" that probably sounds silly to say
  • S
    Newbie August 2026 New Brunswick
    SHYLA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My step daughter will be 7 on our wedding day (also a 2026 bride!!) she is going to be my junior bridesmaid. Personally I wanted her to be a huge part of my day and loved the idea of her being able to get ready with me in our own group and to be able to stand by my side as I say I do to her daddy. That being said you have to follow your heart and gut for your day!!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have both as flower girls, or like most mentioned junior bridesmaid, she's still pretty young but she can still have an important roll.

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend of mine had her step-daughter (10 yrs old) as a jr. bridesmaid at her wedding and it was so sweet. I think it meant a lot to her to be involved in the prep with the adult women and have such an important role.
  • C
    Newbie July 2026 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just did a quick google search and they say that it can start from 8 years old to about the age of 16. So I think a junior bridesmaid would be the best option!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics