Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jarrod
Curious March 2022 Ontario

Step and Repeat Banner vs Photo Booth

Jarrod, on November 10, 2021 at 15:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2
Hey All!

Long story short, fiancee and I are doing a themed wedding entirely around musicals. Photo Booths seem to be a rather popular thing I see from wedding photos, I'm curious if anyone here has done a step and repeat banner as a photo op? Picture attached for reference.
Step and Repeat Banner vs Photo Booth 1

We would put our wedding logo on, not sure if any other logos or anything, but then probably a red carpet and some fake greenery to give it a "Red Carpet at the Tony's" feel.
I'm thinking it might be a good opportunity to pay a more beginning photographer just looking to get some events under their belt to be there for a few hours to snap photos, and likely provide the lighting myself.
Anyone have any tips relevant to doing something in that realm or can share their experience if they've done it? Would love some photos if you have.
Thank you!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Mecias, on August 16, 2022 at 21:25
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Broadway and musicals! Our local theatre has one of these but as Hank said I wouldn't recommend doing one for a one time event. How about a donation to your local theatre for them to build you something?

I built a photo drop for one of our shows a few years ago (with the help of my 6'2 friend). It was really simple and only took an hour and some thrift store curtains. With a little extra time and supplies, something very similar could be made for MUCH less, and source out a cricut or screen printer.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally wouldn't do a logo step and repeat simply because they cost more than they're worth for a one time use thing (unless you need to give sponsor recognition for a company contributing to your wedding lol). They don't suit weddings in my opinion and have a more corporate event feel to them. But that's just me.

I find step and repeats aren't necessary for a wedding photo booth if you have a really nice background like a cool wall. But if you really want to adhere to a musical themed look, you can always rent pipe and drape, add stanchions in front of the red carpet, and ask your DJ to lend you a light to aim at the wall for that "spotlight" feel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics