Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie November 2021 Ontario

Step 3 Info - From Ontario Wedding Association

Marie, on July 9, 2021 at 15:06 Posted in Ontario 0 12

Hopefully this brings some clarification on the rules of wedding receptions in Ontario in step 3.

www.ontarioweddingassociation.com

Receptions - NO DANCING

50% Capacity Indoors

75% Capacity Outdoors

With Restrictions

(Staffed Venues Only)

Receptions - DANCING ALLOWED

25% Capacity Indoors

75% Capacity Outdoors

With Restrictions

(Staffed Venues Only)

Private Property

Indoor - 25 people

Outdoor - 100 people

Ceremonies

Indoor/Outdoor

Capacity based on 2m distance

Hope this helps!

All info was seen on their instagram @ontarioweddingassociation

12 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 15, 2021 at 17:27
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looks like the venue is limiting the dance floor to a smaller capacity so that your guests aren't all cramming into a smaller floor space.

• M
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sarah,

Wow! No I have not heard anything like that at all! Anyone else?? That kind of sounds to me like that’s your halls specific plans. I know the people of the event industry are trying to get more and more information so hopefully we have some clarity soon 🤞🏼 Maybe after the first rounds of weddings this upcoming weekend people will have a better idea? The only new thing I’ve read is that outside you can mix households at tables but inside it is still unclear. If anyone has any more information please help her out! I see your wedding is this month, I hope you have the best day! ❤️
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Help! Does this seem right to you for Stage 3? I have read nothing regarding circles on the floors for only one household at a time. This seems absolutely insane to me. 4 people can dance at a time in 3 different circles marked on the ground, for 12 people dancing total?
    "Dancing allowed with event at max 25% capacity. All seated by household and dance with only household. Dance space marked with 2M distance from tables and other table's circle."
    "If you wanted to have dancing the capacity would be significantly reduced to only 34 guests (25%). Three would also only be space for 3 dancefloor circles, so only 12 people could be dancing at the same time."
    "Event duration is timed to courses and must end no later than 1-hour after final course is served."

Step 3 Info - From Ontario Wedding Association 1

• M
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ramsey,

From what I see, that is still undetermined. The OWA has been asking that question as well as others and they are hoping to have further updates soon.

• R
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Ramsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any information on dancing at private property events?

• M
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sure, there are many circumstances that could happen but I was just saying what I’ve typically seen ie: older guests, guests with young children or guests who have other obligations the following day. Hopefully by the time both of us get married, this will not be a choice we have to make.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, wedding twins!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can't assume people will leave. What if you have a small enough wedding and people don't? What if people choose to stick it through because they've been under lock down for so long? Having this guideline ensures that every one of your guests can stay and dance if they choose to.

• Candace
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks for this information. My wedding is on September 5th. So by then i should hopefully be allowed to have more people attend the reception.🤞🙏
  • M
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, that’s what they’re saying. If you want dancing at your wedding, you can only have 25% capacity of the hall or venue rather than the 50% without dancing. It doesn’t make that much sense to me since when people start dancing usually it’s later in the night and some people have already started to leave. I’m not sure when your wedding is but after stage 3 I believe the capacity limits will be lifted if they hit the specific targets (80% one dose and 75% fully vaccinated) - fingers crossed!
  • Candace
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So if you want to have a dance at your indoor wedding reception then you can only have 25% capacity instead of 50% capacity?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Should also add:

-Masks still need to be worn unless eating or drinking

-Tables need to be 2 meters apart or separated by plexiglass

-No limit on number of people per table anymore

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups