Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Frequent user August 2018 Alberta

Standing Room Only

Katelyn, on October 9, 2017 at 01:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 2
I saw that there was a post on this a few years ago, with all negative feedback - but I’m wondering what the view is now. In the previous post, the main issues were disrespect to guests, visibility, and inappropriate footwear.
We’re in love with our outdoor ceremony venue - a patio on the water in the mountains - but we know there isn’t room for all our guests to be seated. We’re considering doing a “cocktail-style” ceremony. I think I’ve considering things fairly well:
1) The patio is cobblestone (not grass that heels sink in);2) we can still define an aisle;3) there’d be seating at the front for parents and grandparents;4) the space would be set up for the cocktail hour to follow, allowing a smooth transition. The location is just beautiful, so we want our guests to stick around, meet the other guests, and take in the views before heading back to town for the reception;5) we could inform guests prior to that it would be a standing ceremony. But I have to wonder - if you’re planning on wearing shoes that you can’t stand in for 10-15 min, does that mean you have no intention to dance or visit with other guests at the reception?6) the bride, groom, and JP could be elevated on a small platform to improve visibility. Alternatively, there’s a large covered landing on the gorgeous log cabin that the patio serves. We could stand up there with the bridal party on the stairs to either side.
What does everyone think? Is it doable, or back to the drawing board?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on October 11, 2017 at 11:11
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think as long as people know ahead of time and can communicate if they made need seating arrangements made, it can be accommodated. As long as they know ahead of time they can make a decision about their attendance.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can totally picture it being a warm and loving atmosphere. I think as long as you notify your guests, they will be totally fine. The platform would be a really good idea, as would the chairs for parents, grandparents, and any other elderly or disabled guests. I think you've covered all the bases!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics