Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Stand Tall & Be Safe

Donna, on May 3, 2020 at 09:38 Posted in WeddingWire 0 6

C-19 Has hit everyone hard I stopped working March 19th, my work wouldn't let me wear a mask. A few co workers also left for the same reason. I do have a job to go back too. What to do while your in your home , so much but being Isolated feels like your a prisoner in your own home. Mother's day is coming my Adult Kids can't come here and well I can't go visit my mom. Yes 6 feet away, our family loves to hug and kiss. I haven't seen my granddaughters since November of last year. My older daughter Melissa buys groceries for my parents, my husband Daniel still is working on the front line. His hours have been also cut in half some days. I've seen some Wedding on You Tube, or like Messenger, Out in the open 6 feet apart so everyone could share their Special moment. I wish each and everyone getting married in 2020 be safe.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 4, 2020 at 21:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear about not having a job and things get better eventually with all this taking place right now. Your husband is doing a fantastic job given half the hours.
    Your positive message is great to share and i do too wish all couples the best for this year if the decision goes eloping for their actual day.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its such a hard time we are all in right now but soon we will be able to hug and kiss our family members!!!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello,

Sorry I don't know what a bubble is? Something to do with the internet .

That's what my brother said to do last year elope but for us well my fiancé @ that time being his first marriage wanted his brothers & sisters all there. We got married July 6th, 2019.

I wish you awesome Wedding and reception you deserve to have it all for it's Your Special Day

Take care of you

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also take drives out and take many photos of all kinds of animals, etc.

I have a very large garden. But this year I will be making it smaller. Fingers crossed that you get your July Wedding.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our province allowed us to add a family bubble last Friday and the first thing I did was drive to my parents house and hug my mom. (I don't mean for it to sound braggy! There is hope!) Tonight we celebrated my brother's very belated birthday, and we will see them for mother's day which is on my birthday. I had an elaborate plan to make a suit out of garbage bags to be able to hug mom on mother's day before we were allowed to add to our bubble.

New Brunswick has been very lucky, we might not be lucky forever. But if people keep their distance, stay home when possible, and wash their hands there is hope that you can see the people you love soon.
    In one way or another I think almost everyone has changed their wedding plans. My fiance's family is in Wisconsin so we're planning to elope and have our reception next year when they can be there. To me it's only fair that if they can't come, no one can! Like you mentioned, I can't imagine not being able to hug people, or dance with them, at our wedding.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Donna,

Glad to hear you are home safe and doing your part.We are all effected by this virus and feel the strain in daily life.

I am lucky enough to have a yard and can plant a garden. Being able to do this has helped break up the days. So far I have seedlings going in the house and planted some seeds outside.

I'm not sure if you drive, but going for a ride works great. I went a couple times and stopped by my dads, I chatted from the car and he was on the upstairs pourch. It really made this day. Along with some video chatting to help.

As far as wedding planning goes, I am working on my seating chart and favours, things that can be done a head of time.

Currently I'm waiting on July to make any final decisions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics