Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Stage 3 Ontario

Monika, on August 15, 2021 at 21:40 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had their wedding in stage 3? Specifically at Whistlebear golf club?
I'm getting married in September and looks like it's very likely we will be I'm stage 3 still.Our room's capacity is 400 people. We will have 200 guests. This means no dancing.
My question is: how strict was your venue with that? I know we have to follow the governments rules. But if I have 200 guests and the DJ is still there playing music, do the venues actively stop people from dancing?
Just don't know what to do at this point in the game. I have 200 people coming potentially and a DJ booked. No other entertainment. So not sure what my guests will do for that many hours.
Thank you!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Clauds, on August 18, 2021 at 14:17
  • Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had my reception a couple weeks ago with more than 20% percent capacity. My venue wasn't too strict about it to be honest. I had a DJ and people were still moving to the music at their tables and there was even a bit of dancing amongst some of the younger guests. It probably depends on your venue and the guest count. I only had 35 guests so perhaps the venue wasn't too worried.

I was also worried if guests would be bored without dancing but everyone was just so happy to be able to socialize at an event and mingle/chat! The night went by so quickly and no one was bored.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its hard for not the dancing to take place during the reception given the government restrictions. A good time killing is games that can be played groups of cousins, aunts, uncles in the centre with the DJ playing the music as you would like it. Musical chairs, Freeze movements and other games in groups of cousins, aunts, uncles and kids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics