Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Stage 3

Gloria, on July 13, 2020 at 13:26 Posted in Ontario 2 26
Congrats Ontario... most places (outside of GTA, Hamilton, Windsor- I apologize for the ones I’m missing - there’s a few more) will be moving on to stage 3.

For the brides/grooms whose wedding is coming up.... I hope this is some great news for you (if you are outside of affect areas).
Can’t wait to see all your wonderful pictures and experiences 🙂

26 Comments

Latest activity by Brooklyn, on August 26, 2020 at 11:08
  • Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not to crash the party, but as far as I understand if it is considered a wedding... outdoor you can only have 50 people. but if it is a party you can have 100.

indoor weddings you can have 30% capacity of the venue space.

• Allison
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t ask, I TOLD, as politely as possible. The only friend who is getting to keep their plus one is married to a videographer who is shooting my ceremony as their gift. When it comes to picking people, those people are not as important as like... your aunt. And all of my friends understood that. I also told those people about other people that were attending that they would know. We are doing a ceremony this year and reception next year and I will be happy to see their spouses next year!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its good news for us and to know its the last one that came in good timing too. Some major citiies are holding back on the stage for now to ensure their cases are under control.
  • Bethany
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea.
    Yes I’m going to struggle with that too. I thought about sending out an email and asking who would be willing to attend without their plus one, or who already knows that they cannot attend or will not attend due to covid to get an advanced idea of where to cut back before then uninviting people.
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m going to actually make my seating plan based on families. So siblings or parents only sitting together. I’m also doing less to a table (likely 6)! My issue is how to call and tell people they are no longer invited.
  • Bethany
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m in the same boat as you. October is my second wedding date after my June wedding was cancelled, and although it’s booked for inside at the venue in October, I am now replanning the whole wedding to be outdoors in a backyard so that more people (100 or whatever the limit will be) can attend.
    For an outdoor tent wedding, what are your ideas on how to accommodate the social distancing rules - I can’t see how assigned seating at tables will work if those people aren’t in each other’s bubble.
    Looking for suggestions!PS who ever would have imagined having to plan a wedding with these considerations...so not easy and so not fair!
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are probably planning a whole new wedding now, which is kind of scary to think! We originally have 260 guests in an inside venue, but now that 100 are allowed outside in Ontario, we are considering doing a tent wedding now!
  • Maureen
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed
  • Maureen
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you fell insulted I'm not going to apologize for it. I feel insulted when anyone tries to take advantage of me in any situation that is out of my control. To ask anyone give up their hard earned money without something to show for it and an unwillingness to work with that person is insulting! All the best to you and little business!
  • V
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No need to resort to insulting someone who disagrees with your opinion. I'm commenting no further since you're likely to continue with insults with no empathy or sympathy to a small businesses financial and emotional/mental situation and possible lack of livelihood in the future.
    All the best on your wedding day. Cheers
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Based on how I read the guidelines from the Ontario website, I believe 30% of venue but a max of 50 people (not including venue staff) So even if you have a hall that can sit 500, you're only allowed 50.
  • D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is it 50 people inside or 30 percent capacity for reception? I thought the 30percent capacity only applies to churches or ceremonies?
  • Maureen
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This pandemic is not anyone's fault! It is what it is! All I'm saying some charge extra and keep deposit and some don't! No one should be loosing because they are forced into a situation. I understand that everyone has lost money so I don't se why any one party should profit because of corona. If there were no pandemic I can understand having to charge extra for extra work. But it's a pandemic for God sake! My vendors are very empathetic to the situation and know that making changes to wedding plans and photo shoots and reception and dresses and all other things wedding is going to happen because of covid19. The decisions to moves dates was not planned and is not on purpose. Any sensible business person would know to work with their client to get full payment rather than get a small deposit and bad reviews..
  • V
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok, and you think that the mask wearing is in the vendors control? It's not. You don't think moving dates around over and over again for a client doesn't cost them anything? It does. Are you paying for the extra administration work and more hours put in to your event that they have to do for moving everything? Probably not. It's not like the pandemic was in their control. It's out of their control too, so why should they be penalized and do extra work and not be compensated? This isn't fair for both parties. I can see both sides because I'm a bride and small business owner. Maybe your vendors are in a financial position to be able to do that for you so that's great for your situation. But not all vendors can afford to do this and stay in business. We've lost a full year of income and income from 2021 now that 2020 brides have taken the dates away that would have been filled by 2021 brides. It would be helpful if both parties thought about what the other side is going through.
  • Maureen
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is probably what you as vendor does but all my vendors are very flexible and are not asking to pay more. We simple work at moving the dates to a more convenient tme for me. To ask someone to pay more or keep their deposit became of something out of their control is highly unfair and I would hire a vendor that does that. Brides, read your contracts, add in clause that are acceptable to both party! No one should be penalized for anything out of their control or forced to accept the unacceptable. My wedding had to be rescheduled 4 times and none of my vendors ever asked for more money or refused service.
  • V
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm a bride and wedding vendor too and just wanted to give you a heads up, that if you decide to reschedule or cancel because of the mask wearing, unfortunately you will be either paying in full, lose your deposit or will have to give another deposit or pay a rescheduling fee. Vendors are not charging clients and waiving their policies if services cannot be performed due to government mandates. If its personal preference, like the mask wearing, they will treat it like any other cancellation or postponement in their contract.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a huge relief for us. As long as the mask bylaw or irresponsible people don’t cause us problems, our September wedding is a go!

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Super amazing! Congratulations 🥳
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have our ceremony and reception outside at a friends place just outside of London!
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aaaawww. For sure a big change nonetheless. I’m sure your wedding will be wonderful regardless but at least you can still invite a few more people now Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay 😁 so happy for you!
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay that’s so exciting! Fingers crossed Smiley smile where is your reception?
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! I am so so happy about this.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good news for us, however it now leaves us with 3 weeks to change plans to include more people. I think we will end up having around 30-40 people. Not comfortable going up to 100. So, this is still a big change from our originally 300 person wedding but such it is!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This means you can have 50 people indoors, or 30% of the venue capacity for a reception and 100 outdoors for a ceremony.

This is a huge step forward as I know for a lot of you, this means your wedding numbers are now allowed. One drawback I can see from this is, with masks mandatory inside and a lot of people not wanting masks in their wedding, the venues may not be so accommodating with changes/postponements if you want to wait until you can have a mask free wedding.

• Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great news! Our wedding is July 25 in London, Ontario.
    Once they had announced stage 2 We had planned on about 25 for ceremony and then only family for dinner and reception and we had recently been talking how we really wanted to have everyone from the ceremony for the reception as well and now that’s possible!
    Trying to stay positive even though we have a Debbie downer in our wedding party

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics